• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exewebs useless and petty Mods,

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you get banned and desperately want to come back on, consider not breaking the rules, being abusive, posting anything that can lead to legal action etc next time. It really isn't so hard.
I could be way wide of the mark, but I think I detect that JM is offering you another chance with his "if you desperately want to come back on" comment. It looks like he's looking for some assurances to me. Depending on the nature of the original 'offence', I would have thought you've done your time, so to speak.

I'm sure exewebbers that go back a bit remember Joey. He was immensly popular with the majority on here, but a handfull kept objecting to his input, until he was banned. He re-surfaced as Cowshed Moaner which everybody knew was Joey, including I believe Mr E. He ultimately had his ban lifted and became Joey again. Unfortunately, he was partial to the odd drink when he came on here, which seemed to change him. He was never threatening though, just a touch belligerent, in an amusing kind of way. Exeweb lost something when he was expelled for good.

Then there was Cliff Bastins Shorts (CBS) who's genuine input on here was appreciated. He upset somebody one day, and got banned. He tried using different usernames i.e. BTIE, Basham, EX4 and he still kept getting banned. Seemed like a nice bloke too.

I dont think the banned rule is written in stone. The offence does seem to determine the length of it though. Good luck anyway.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Seemed like a nice bloke too.
Really? :S

PeteUSA

Come on HR, he was bleddy funny, if not a tad annoying. He clocked up the amount of posts you've got in six months, although many were one word replies, not unlike yours I suppose. ;)

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
All I am saying is that, as was pointed out, there are ways to re-register after a ban but if you do so and carry on where you left off you'll be banned again.

I'd advise against speculating as to why certain users you liked were banned. Reasons for bans are not disclosed other than to the banned user, but they are always more serious than "upset somebody".

wemissmoxey

Multi's are easy to spot, generally they either have a highly defined "shtick" (see WMM) or are a one-trick fake account (see TheManFromDelMonte).
OK then Anonymous.

Name them ?

Last edited:

Alistair20000

If a person is to be banned is there no right of independent appeal ?

M' learned friends might have something to say about that. :)

Antony Moxey

This is Mr E's site, he can do with it as he wishes, including banning people whenever he likes, for whatever he likes. It's not a democracy, it's his. If people don't like that, start up an alternative.

I suspect your post was somewhat in jest Alistair20000, but 'right of appeal' and 'm'learned friends'? For being kicked off a website? Bless.

Antony Moxey

Yes, really. I've met and chatted to him on numerous occasions and he always came across as a decent bloke to me.

Same with Joey, however on here he was a completely different animal, flooding threads with one word answers and insults, it made the boards virtually unreadable and almost impossible to have an sort of debate on anything. Unfortunately Exeweb really is better off without him, but you won't find a nicer chap to have a beer with in Red Square on a matchday.

PeteUSA

Yes, really. I've met and chatted to him on numerous occasions and he always came across as a decent bloke to me.

Same with Joey, however on here he was a completely different animal, flooding threads with one word answers and insults, it made the boards virtually unreadable and almost impossible to have an sort of debate on anything. Unfortunately Exeweb really is better off without him, but you won't find a nicer chap to have a beer with in Red Square on a matchday.
Cant say fairer than that Ant. I think disruptive best describes Joey's input on here. Whether his behavior constituted a life ban is up for debate. At the end of the day though, as you say, its Mr E's call.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Er, did I miss something or wasn't the "seemed a nice bloke" post originally attributed by Pete to CBS/BTIE/etc/etc/etc/etc/...?

Which is what Hants was questioning?

The issue with Joey, which was (I think) before I became a mod or at least in my early days, was that rather than "immensely popular" and the "handful objecting", the number of reports about Joey far outweighed any we've had about anyone else before or since. He was given repeated chances to modify his character and in the end I believe he accepted the ban kinda to prevent himself from himself.

CBS also upset a lot of people a lot of the time, rather than "upset somebody one day". Several long-standing posters to this site no longer do so as a direct consequence of his actions/posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.