• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exewebs useless and petty Mods,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It amazes me how anyone can get that offended by a post on a football forum from someone who they don't know.

Maybe if everyone lightened up a bit then people could enjoy the Exeweb experience a bit more.
Because offensive comments are offensive comments in whatever arena?

I think in a way it is actually more cowardly to hind behind a pseudonym and post bile rather than having the courage to say it to the recipient's face.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Because offensive comments are offensive comments in whatever arena?

I think in a way it is actually more cowardly to hind behind a pseudonym and post bile rather than having the courage to say it to the recipient's face.
That's precisely my point. If someone is happy to 'offend' on here then you would guess they are cowardly and hide behind keyboards, therefore take it with a pinch of salt and ignore them, or rise above it or even give it back.

I know some people are very sensitive but I just fail to understand the kind of comment that would cause you to ask for them to be removed.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
You may think like that, many others (including myself) take a different view.

The Whistle Blower

You may think like that, many others (including myself) take a different view.
Time for me to blow my whistle...

Mods please look at smokey / wemissmoxey and Grecian Jay's IP, if two are not the same I will donate £10 to exeweb.

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
...would cause you to ask for them to be removed.
You can ask all you like, but we won't remove someone because you ask.

If you report a post which you believe breaks the rules a moderator will look at it, decide whether it actually does break the rules and act accordingly.

One of the rules is that you don't abuse other members. It doesn't matter how thick-skinned you personally are. Abuse brings nothing constructive to the debate, does cause offence to many and so isn't welcome on this site.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

Mods please look at smokey / wemissmoxey and Grecian Jay's IP, if two are not the same I will donate £10 to exeweb.
We have. They're not.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster

Mate I will add another two 0's on that if mine are linked to anything/anyone...

Juggling Monkey

Administrator

IP addresses are not conclusive - everyone in my office is using the same address and could have an account each, for example. Also the IP address assigned to my home connection today could be used by a totally different customer of the same ISP next week.

Like any other user, if wemissmoxey, smokey or Grecian_Jay break the rules they will receive infractions. If a ban results and we are aware that the banned user has multiple accounts we will ban those as well if they try to post from them.

You yourself are currently banned. I've left your The Whistle Blower account active for this discussion, not for commenting on other members.

The Whistle Blower

We have. They're not.
Rubbish, Smokey even accidently posted as wemiss before and sent the same PM's, unless he is useing a proxey.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
You said smokey / wee miss and Jay were the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.