• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exewebs useless and petty Mods,

Status
Not open for further replies.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
This blokes a legend. Let him crack on. I am an 'alter-ego' and make homophobic remarks - classic.
I think he was referring to BTI making homophobic remarks.

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
the homophobic comments that tarnish the image of exeweb yet appear to be tolerated (and therefore condoned?)
Please report any homophobic comments you find on exeweb.

blantant multis
Tolerating harmless multis reduces the moderating overhead. If you are aware of a banned user with a multi or a multi that is being used to abuse other posters, please report it.

The bottom line is: if you want a perfect, professional moderating team giving 24/7 coverage of the entire site and answerable to some kind of higher authority then you're not going to find it on a volunteer-run website.

If you don't like something, tell us about a specific example. Plenty of posters use the reporting tools, it is appreciated and it helps us immensely.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Its an interesting point about multis. A number of them are quite tedious, and offer nothing to the overall content of Exeweb. However, as general users how would we know if they are multis or not?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Multi's are easy to spot, generally they either have a highly defined "shtick" (see WMM) or are a one-trick fake account (see TheManFromDelMonte).

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
I'd suggest that it is easy to be 99% sure an account is a multi, but very difficult to be 100% certain.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
What exactly is the term 'Multi'. Maybe I'm being thick but in the first post on this thread I am accused of being one.

Is it someone who is banned using other accounts or computers or getting other people to post for them or what?

A lot of people on here seem to accuse anyone who has different opinions and sticks to their beliefs as a 'multi'. Am I wrong?

newburygrecian

A multi is a second (or third, or fourth...) account being used by the same person. Most are harmless.

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
It's a second account used by the same person. Banning is irrelevant. If you are already posting on here with one account and you create another, that is what gets described as a multi.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Okay thanks. I thought it was all somehow limited so you could only create one account anyway but obviously not.

Cheers.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the mods should be more indiscriminate in banning people and just start banning people that they don't agree with or anyone who dares question their authority. What's the point in wielding supreme ultimate power if you cant clamp down indiscriminately on unsuspecting posters?

Status
Not open for further replies.