• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Bristol Rovers (Checkatrade)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we were to be draw away against say, Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs, matches would have to be played at the Premiership home ground. See 6.4 in the regulations.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/checkatrade-trophy/about-checkatrade/rules--regulations/
I suspect "unless otherwise agreed by the League (in its absolute discretion)" will come into play :mad:

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I want us to win any game we play , and would like us to get the 10k plus best chance of making further money from progressing further, however given our injuries I am a bit nervous about the risk of picking up anymore.

A confidence boosting win is important , but maybe the weakest side we can get away with under the rules might be best in this circumstance. All depends whether Taylor feels one or two need minutes, with forte only just coming back on Saturday not sure if he would benefit from another hour or if we should protect him.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect "unless otherwise agreed by the League (in its absolute discretion)" will come into play :mad:
Looking at last season, matches took place at Stamford Bridge and the Liberty Stadium involving the U21 sides (I believe the only two home matches played by U21 sides in the competition).

Colesman Ballz

Particularly if it's Spurs, somehow I can't see the FA wanting to open up Wembley for a few thousand, and they are strictly limited by the Brent Council regarding the number of events that they are allowed to put on !

Grecian2K

maybe the weakest side we can get away with
But surely the Janners have been knocked out already. :(

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Particularly if it's Spurs, somehow I can't see the FA wanting to open up Wembley for a few thousand, and they are strictly limited by the Brent Council regarding the number of events that they are allowed to put on !
Maybe we could open the new stadium?? Or they might want to play at mk again.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe we could open the new stadium?? Or they might want to play at mk again.
If not Wembley, my guess is it'll be played at Stevenage, where their U23s play.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Spoonz Red E

If we were to be draw away against say, Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs, matches would have to be played at the Premiership home ground. See 6.4 in the regulations.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/checkatrade-trophy/about-checkatrade/rules--regulations/
I think "unless otherwise agreed by the League (in its absolute discretion)" would come into play if we were due to play at Wembley in the next round .......

andrew p long

I think I would go something like

Hamon
Oates Martin O’Shea Croll
Sparkes Tillson Dean Collins
Jay Abrahams

Unless Forte needs the minutes or somebody else is fit from the previously injured