• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Carlisle United - Match Day Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I thought the partnership between Forte and Stockley worked well. Plenty of goals there this season and no doubt ably assisted by Nicky Law. I felt at times we let them have too much of the ball, but they didn't look to much of a threat in front of goal. Loanee Abrahams was great, and had plenty of encouragement from the fans. Taylor did a proper captains performance, and I think Arron Martin could be as good as Matt Taylor was in defence.

Good result, and we shouldn't get carried away, but plenty to feel encouraged by.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nicky Law was the sponsors man of the match. Good choice.

JRFowler

For me the real weakness in the team was in the full back / wing back positions. Maybe add a CB to the team aswell for backup...

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure about A Martin to be honest. Notthe best game for him IMO. I'll reserve judgement until a few more games have been played as he was up against a giant today. Average at best.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Played well, he probably appreciated the support around him. Missed an absolute sitter though.
Thanks manc.

STURTZ

Not sure about A Martin to be honest. Notthe best game for him IMO. I'll reserve judgement until a few more games have been played as he was up against a giant today. Average at best.
Agree with all that and wasn't that impressed with the other Martin either, still early days.

arthur

Just rejoice! Fabulous first half - beautiful, intelligent, effective football without a single aimless lump forward (go on - run after this, head that) all half. Tired a lot in the second half - unsurprising in the heat - and doubts appeared as old habits began to creep in, when you just longed for someone to put their foot on the ball, pass it to a player in red and white and take the pressure off. But the wonderful third goal made none of that matter. Only one cloud over the proceedings (I'll remain in my minority of one doubtless) namely the dirge emanating from the necromantic cult at the top of the big bank which does nothing for the atmosphere...

Exehausted

Agree with all that and wasn't that impressed with the other Martin either, still early days.
No, Lee Martin didn't do very well, but possibly tried to hard. I think Jack Sparkes would have done a better job. Matt said on Radio Devon that there will be at least one more player coming in this week, but he wouldn't say his name or what position he plays. Again, a fantastic interview. Told it as it was as usual. Not happy that we conceded and that we switched off a bit in the second half, but he was proud of the effort of all the players and he expects that every week. Spot on in my view.

STURTZ

Disappointed that there were no youth players on display.

Saint James

Disappointed that there were no youth players on display.
Who were you expecting?