• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Carlisle United - Match Day Thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Definitely not over the line. If you're still struggling to decide after watching the highlights, just watch it in full screen. It's clear as day to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJfDjh_uujE
Agreed it bounced down into play and well clear of the line.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The 360 highlights

[video=youtube;fKWFR57UTsY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKWFR57UTsY[/video]

https://youtu.be/fKWFR57UTsY?t=12s

Last edited:

Positive spin

Did anyone else notice that during the match that the pre match practice goal was left to the side of the away end goal? With all the building work "clutter" I couldn,t help wondering whether this posed potential distraction to a player looking up to get his bearings prior to shooting. Something for the ground staff to consider for the next home game ?

Nidds

Did anyone else notice that during the match that the pre match practice goal was left to the side of the away end goal? With all the building work "clutter" I couldn,t help wondering whether this posed potential distraction to a player looking up to get his bearings prior to shooting. Something for the ground staff to consider for the next home game ?
From where I was sat it was difficult to see where the real net ended and the practice net started, some shots looked closer than they actually were. Looking at the highlights it didn't seem to be a problem from pitch level.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, it was very annoying as a spectator.

PeteUSA

Yeah but what does Arizona Pete think?
If that means me: I agree with anyone who wondered why Pym didnt get to that ball, since he wasnt far off of his line. I can only assume the sun buggered him up and he couldnt see the the ball properly; otherwise if that had gone in, it would have been a woeful goal. He should invest in a cap of some sort; Better keepers than him have tussled with the sun at the BB end over the years, and perhaps regretfully had to don one.

PeteUSA

Do we really care - he thinks our new goalkeeping coach should be playing.....Will just have to read another season of his laughable comments I suppose.......
All I can say is: Dont read em' or put me on ignore. The problem with ignore though is that is if I get quoted, my comments will still jump out at you. One point I would take issue with though regarding our goalkeeping coach; He's only 36 years old. Chris Weale was one of the best keepers that Yeovil had in League 1 & 2. I'm sure he's more than capable of playing if need be, and I suspect he would go into goal ahead of Hamon if Pym was out any length of time; or if Pym is belatedly signed up by another club. I think there's a method in our managers madness with that move.

Last edited:

KWSGrecian

All I can say is: Dont read em' or put me on ignore. The problem with ignore though is that is if I get quoted, my comments will still jump out at you. One point I would take issue with though regarding our goalkeeping coach; He's only 36 years old. Chris Weale was one of the best keepers that Yeovil had in League 1 & 2. I'm sure he's more than capable of playing if need be, and I suspect he would go into goal ahead of Hamon if Pym was out any length of time; or if Pym is belatedly signed up by another club. I think there's a method in our managers madness with that move.
Do you reckon Hamon's ever going to get a look in? Hasn't impressed me hugely in U23's.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, it was very annoying as a spectator.
yeah , could imagine as a player running in head down, lookin up seeing a net and shooting then realizing , whoops wrong net,.. tbh i'm sort of surprised the ref didnt say something about it , probably not in his remit , but even so.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
yeah , could imagine as a player running in head down, lookin up seeing a net and shooting then realizing , whoops wrong net,.. tbh i'm sort of surprised the ref didnt say something about it , probably not in his remit , but even so.
Really!!!!!!!! If we have a player like that send him back to Heavitree Utd