• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Carlisle United - Match Day Thread

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think we are talking more about a lack of vestment spoonz.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is this something of a habit of yours?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought we were excellent until just before we conceded, although you can expect Carlisle to have a go at 2-0 down.

Overall very impressed with us as an attacking force, really good to watch with movement that'll prove too much for most opponents in LG2 I think.

Nicky Law was top drawer, whether he's an upgrade on Harley remains to be seen but so far so good. He just gets it and gives it, one/two touch football whereas Harley takes a lot longer (not knocking Harley as he's a very gifted footballer).

Onto the next game but on Saturday's showing I'd be surprised if we aren't in and around the play offs (minimum) come the end of the season.

LOG

Did anyone with a better view see whether their free kick which hit the bar went over the line when it bounced down? It looked very close from where we were.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did anyone with a better view see whether their free kick which hit the bar went over the line when it bounced down? It looked very close from where we were.
I was right behind the goal and I didn't think it had gone over, although it was close...

ExeterCityLad

Definitely not over the line. If you're still struggling to decide after watching the highlights, just watch it in full screen. It's clear as day to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJfDjh_uujE

Last edited:

Mr Jinx

Definitely not over the line. If you're still struggling to decide after watching the highlights, just watch it in full screen. It's clear as day to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJfDjh_uujE
Thought Pym should've got some gloves on it at least. It's not like it was in his far corner.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought Pym should've got some gloves on it at least. It's not like it was in his far corner.
Yeah but what does Arizona Pete think?

ExeterCityLad

This...

Good point STURTZ. It was hard to tell via the cameras where exactly that ball whacked the crossbar; I hadnt realised it was straight down the middle, and apparently very close to being over the line; A bit of a Geoff Hurst there?

Do we really care - he thinks our new goalkeeping coach should be playing.....
Will just have to read another season of his laughable comments I suppose.......

Last edited: