• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Stevenage Matchday Thread

chunkymorrinmunter

A year ago, we probably would have.

Seven games unbeaten in all competitions, another clean sheet, second in the league and the third best goal difference tally - bloody loving it at the moment!
Yes superb,but disappointed with the attendance, should have been at least 4k plus,what more do people want?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, the attendance announced of just 3,671 was surprisingly low, particularly since we're challenging near the top and Taylors team is (generally) a joy to watch; applying the Tisdale comparison. Also there's a definite element of camorardery between the players the like of which I never saw under Tisdale. I do wonder if some fans are watching games via iFollow using a proxy. You can get a good free one for Google in the microsoft store. Its got to be tempting, but I would have thought evening games would suffer most re: low attendances, like last night.

Yes superb,but disappointed with the attendance, should have been at least 4k plus,what more do people want?
Couldn’t agree more - we lost players pre season, but MT has done a great recruiting job. Sit 2nd in a very competitive league, still some little digs on here,plus the usual moans and groans when we all should be getting behind this side on and off the pitch. We have new personnel playing a different system just be positive. It’s a results business and we currently are getting the results!

StroudGrecian

Also there's a definite element of camorardery between the players the like of which I never saw under Tisdale.
What a load of baloney. Fake revisionist news, folks.

Grecian Max

Were you there? I was. Second half I thought they were excellent in possession and spread it wide. 50/50 went their way and I thought we were looking at a replay of Port Vale at the weekend. If they had have had a proper finisher, they'd have done is good and proper! I didn't see us a difference in class as they were a well decent side. Didn't see Law as Mom as Aaron Martin was outstanding and Sweeney is rapidly becoming a proper right back.
I have to disagree - we were all over them in the first half and should have gone in 2/3 up. They couldn’t cope with our high presssing game, but to be fair they defended well and almost got trough the half. Second half they had more of the ball but they reminded me of Tisdale sides of the past, knocking it about neatly but no decent final ball and as you say no good finisher. How many real opportunities did they have? Not that many.

Last edited:

MagzECFC

perhaps Tilson for Taylor might have secured us more possession.
I assume you mean through breaking up the play and not his natural ability to maintain possession using his tremendous first touch, want for the ball and outstanding vision?

Last edited:

PeteUSA

What a load of baloney. Fake revisionist news, folks.
Why do you have to react to my comment with rudeness? The site is for fans to submit what they feel are valid points of view regarding Exeter City. You condemn my point of view, yet you have nothing to offer yourself to back up your feeling, other than the Trump type "folks" rubbish, which I dont understand.

Grecian Max

Were you there? I was. Second half I thought they were excellent in possession and spread it wide. 50/50 went their way and I thought we were looking at a replay of Port Vale at the weekend. If they had have had a proper finisher, they'd have done is good and proper! I didn't see us a difference in class as they were a well decent side. Didn't see Law as Mom as Aaron Martin was outstanding and Sweeney is rapidly becoming a proper right back.
As for Law being MOTM, almost every attack we had went through him and he saw a lot of he ball which is usually enough for the sponsor in the box. Personally would have given it to Aaron Martin who was superb - however Croll was also excellent imo.

PeteUSA

I have to disagree - we were all over them in the first half and should have gone in 2/3 up. They couldn’t cope with our high presssing game, but to be fair they defended well and almost got trough the half. Second half they had more of the ball but they reminded me of Tisdale sides of the past, knocking it about neatly but no decent final ball and as you say no good finisher. How many real opportunities did they have? Not that many.
I agree, we should have scored at least 2 goals, but our finishing on a couple of occasions was woe-full; from players who can generally be relied upon to score. OK, Stevenage never looked like scoring, but IMHO, they did have the lions share of possession in the second half. We really needed a second goal to eliminate that nail-biting last 30 minutes.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Just picking up on that attendance figure a moment if these figures are correct and it looked pretty full last night (IP / Cowshed / Doble = 2,116 seated) would mean there was around 1500 in the BB and it did seem rather busy last night taking extra time to actually get in to the BB.