• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Stevenage Matchday Thread

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
disappointed with the attendance, should have been at least 4k plus,what more do people want?
I wasn't. 3,671 is OK for a midweek game against a low-profile team who only brought 56 supporters.

The turnout for Swindon will be a better indication of where we are.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why do you have to react to my comment with rudeness?.
Do you not remember the ‘sweet caroline’ clips taken in the dressing room, Pete ?

If you do then your comment IS pure baloney !

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wasn't. 3,671 is OK for a midweek game against a low-profile team who only brought 56 supporters.

The turnout for Swindon will be a better indication of where we are.
Agreed. Decent turnout for midweek. Only 52 less than the 3,723 who turned up for the previous game against Cheltenham, which was on a Saturday.

The low attendance for the Cheltenham game is the concern.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just picking up on that attendance figure a moment if these figures are correct and it looked pretty full last night (IP / Cowshed / Doble = 2,116 seated) would mean there was around 1500 in the BB and it did seem rather busy last night taking extra time to actually get in to the BB.
Not busy at all right near the heart. I turned up bang on kick off and found a spot easily. When it's full you can't get anywhere near the heart.

elginCity

Because of the relatively meagre allocation, Swindon fans are openly talking of POTD on the Bank, as they did last season apparently.

All good for the coffers.

Temporarily Exiled

Because of the relatively meagre allocation, Swindon fans are openly talking of POTD on the Bank, as they did last season apparently.

All good for the coffers.
No issue as long as they stay quiet. It's surprising to politicians in Westminster, but football fans don't automatically glass anybody wearing a different shirt.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re the attendance, was decent in my opinion given it was Champions League on tv for the Southenders and also that midweek games dipped below 3K under the Cheese

Oldsmobile-88

I thought it was a good crowd for a midweek game..Certainly more than I expected after a couple of mediocre home Saturday attendance numbers.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
And now that I look in detail at last year's attendances, last night's was more than the home turnouts for several Saturday games last season and close to several others. So reasons to be cheerful, as Ian Dury would have said.

No midweek game home turnout dipped under 3,000 last season, though a couple were close.

Cheltenham was clearly a blip affected by the weather.

Oldsmobile-88

John,do you know how many spectators took up the offer of a discounted ticket yesterday ?