• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Morecambe Matchday Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wrong thread again, Michael?
Yes, Log. I'm trying out my new "lets post on a totally irrelevant thread" in order to check if Hants is on the ball and to wind up Herr Spanky.

IndoMike

I think Indo has been on the tuak ;)
You know me so well

fred binneys head

He was on the floor before stockley hit it. If he'd stood up a bit longer he would have had a better chance of saving it.
Spot on, manc. Stockley wouldn't have scored if the keeper didn't fall to the floor so quickly.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's no room for sentiment, Bondy. Since he left City first time around Harley has never been the same. I don't know if it's the various injuries he's suffered or what. It's a bloody shame, but he just doesn't add much to the team anymore, and the older he gets the less easy it will be. For Harley to have a regular place means someone else must be left out. Who do you leave out for Harley?
Since Tillson has been a regular starter, he has basically occupied the more defensive role that James held last season. James has been freed up to become more creative with his passing, whereas last season his role was basically to get in the way of the other team's midfield and feed Harley with sensible weighted passes whenever possible. His creative passing has improved a great deal this season, probably because he's not under so much pressure to worry about what the opposition are doing all the time. Interesting that the same fans who said he wasn't good enough are now turning their attention to Tillson as the man to drop in favour of Boateng. Defensive midfield isn't a position with bells on it and you're not usually going to see the player do anything amazing.

So with Tillson presumably out of the next game, it's likely James will be moved back and this leaves a space in front to be occupied by Boateng and Taylor. If Harley was fit he might get back in the team, although people writing him off will be proved premature.

IndoMike

Spot on, manc. Stockley wouldn't have scored if the keeper didn't fall to the floor so quickly.
Nice break by Stockley and good support work from Moxey for his goal.

andrew p long

You Tube highlights. Love Stockley's 2nd goal.

[video=youtube;zMXKja30GcY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMXKja30GcY[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMXKja30GcY
Lookalike competition. So confusing. Which one is JayDean Moxkley?

PeteUSA

Thats a huge statement fred. "Stockley wouldnt have scored"? If I'm talking about the right goal, the strike at the away end was going like an absolutely express train! I dont think I'd have saved that in my heyday!

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Pym annoyed me a bit with that 'wrong card shown' mullarkey, but I thought he continues to play well. Distribution both kicking and thrown looked good. I thought that shot he got to and parried from the free kick on the right was worth a mention also. Re: their goal, I didnt think he had an earthly with that one, though some who've never played in goal suggest he should have saved it! Not a chance; he did well to get down to it on a slippery pitch, and was unlucky not to be able to hold on to it.

IndoMike

Lookalike competition. So confusing. Which one is JayDean Moxkley?
That'll flummox the oppo...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The EFL have made Stockley's 2nd goal their goal of the weekend!