• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Morecambe Matchday Thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looked like Reid was held back, might have been a bit of a soft pen though.
Nothing soft about it a stone wall penalty the Morecambe defender deciding he wanted to swap shirts during the game instead of waiting to the final whistle.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Haha, yeah. He absolutely smashed their guy just outside the area, in the corner.
Very very lucky not to get a red card. Also as my fellow supporter said lucky there were no Morecambe supporters where they would normally have sat in the OG as they would have rightfully been screaming for a red card which could then well have influenced the ref to take a less lenient view.

CC

Same could be said for Woody last season (y). Wonder if Tis's magic want has a "delay" button?
Can't wait for the return of Simpson then...

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can't wait for the return of Simpson then...
If he does I do hope he won't feel the Brunt of your anger ;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The innovative 360 view of Saturday's game

[video=youtube;X7alNV3hajM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7alNV3hajM[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7alNV3hajM

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
innovative
That's a good word to describe it ;)

Love that Pat Baldwin says before kick off "I, 4-1, have given up trying to predict"

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wish Mrs Manc went down as easy as Morecambes keeper for Stockleys 1st.
Not sure why you say “went down easy” Stockley’s shot was from a narrow angle and ended up top left hand corner of the net.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Deano still happy...no mention of Larry though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fktAniBYsHA
He did try one effort which was very much a la his goal against Doncaster that led to the Man U tie but this time it went over the bar. Having said that he is a class act, you could see why he succeeded in making it to the PL and for many reasons is going to be a great acquisition for City.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
James' improvement this season is extraordinary. Last season he was utterly woeful, this season he'd be my first man on the team sheet. I wonder if he has a twin brother we don't know about.
Just another example of Tisdale’s ability to coach and nurture players. Others who have who gone from accidents waiting to happen to more than decent performers being Woodman, Sweeney and Croll....wait until Simpson returns and plays like a younger version of Alan Shearer.

dontpassback

Just another example of Tisdale’s ability to coach and nurture players. Others who have who gone from accidents waiting to happen to more than decent performers being Woodman, Sweeney and Croll....wait until Simpson returns and plays like a younger version of Alan Shearer.
Agree with that apart from woodman,who played a lot of games for Brentford and was a regular starter.i know when he came here he wasn't the player that did so well at Brentford,so kudos to tisdale for having faith in him when his form was so poor.