• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

exeter city v huddersfield town matchday thread

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believing winning the JPT will net us just £50,000 but with 90% of the gate being split between two clubs even the losing team is in for at least £300k.

So on Monday, Tis and and boys will be playing for about 30% of next season's playing budget with a little TV income to boot.

So why risk injuring your best players for a match that if we looked at honesty would of be happy with a point. Huddersfield are 3rd for a reason!

Win or Lose on Monday, Tis has his work cut out to keep us from the drop, but Win and next season we will have so much more to build on. With a departure of Harley, I think we're gonna need it!

Tisdale STAYS!
£300k or league 1 next season? I know what I want. I have slagged Tis off a lot but I always believed he was an intelligent man, tonight I am doubting this after choosing the JPT over our league position.

Maybe he is as complacent as many on here and thinks we are already safe.

ecfctis

Well , just back from the game , and I have to say we didn't deserve that score. What we did deserve I don't know exactly , I was thinking at half time a draw would've been a fair result or at best a goal would win it for either team but there you go. Playing the geriatric ones I guess we sacrificed everything for a result on Monday , let's hope the gamble pays off. That said , they did reasonably well and I thought Edwards had a solid game. Just no end product. Didn't think Huddersfield were that special and the score flattered them , but that's promotion form. Just a good workmanlike team. Hope everyone is firing on all cylinders on Monday and Jamie is available up front. Goodness , we can't lose three home games in a row can we?
On our present form Oh yes we can!

Grecian_Jay

Really odd game, we were better than them in the first half, but couldn't make anything out of it. Was impressed with Troy through out the game, he was the only player that impressed me, the rest of them were average. The atmosphere was sh*te to start with, but then really woke up after Huddersfields 3rd goal went in, if we can carry it over and sing like that at the start of Brentfors it should be a great one. Also, was it just me or was there no.4 one of the worst players I've ever seen at SJP, couldn't run, couldn't tackle, couldn't shoot. Just looked like acomedy act rather than a footballer
Haha did you watch the game? He ran the show in the 2nd half. Couldn't shoot for sh*t though.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Haven't read any of this. Went to match not knowing what to expect. When the team was anounced I immediately decided that Tis had virtually conceded the game in favour of the JPT. Also thought wind would play a big part as we have seen many times before at SJP. At the start City played opposite to usual towards home end.

Wind did play a big part. Thought City did alright in first half and the Udds struggled against the wind and City held most of the territory but never really created too many clear cut chances. I kept thinking "shoot you buggers, who knows with the wind behind", but it didn't happen. Fears for the second half even though the Terriers never seemed to have turned up despite their ability and size!

Second half came and my fears were proven correct. Ball remained in our half and the inevitable didn't take long. We fell apart. We tried to keep it down and play it out against the wind. I'm so glad we got a consolation goal.

We do so much lack size and muscle. A big good side will nearly always beat a small good side. Today proved that. We have again seen this before.

Marcus tried hard and I do do feel sorry for him in the twilight of his playing career. Jake Thompson...I'm thinking more and more that he just does not cut the cloth. I did so want to leave early today but didn't.

I just hope it all goes well on Monday. We can pull it together when we really need to and I have confidence that we will be a different team against Brentford on the night.

I'm also thinking that the game against Plymouth on Sat 30 April will mean more than you could ever have imagined.

PS well done David Noble.

Last edited:

malcolms

Forgot to add how f*cking bad Harley was today. I know there will be many on here claiming he was never a whole-hearted player anyway but today was an embarrasment. Yes he can win a game single handedly but only if he wants to.

Surely we can't accept a performance like that can we? I'm still a massive fan but today he doesn't deserve his wage I'm afraid.
Do you seriously think he gives a t*ss?

about grecian jays post or are you speaking about loanees in general ?

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Do you seriously think he gives a t*ss?
And do we regards his wages.?..thought Swansea are now the suckers.

Grecian_Jay

Good point. I was thinking we were still paying them. Well Tis doesn't have the balls to say anything to him anyway IMO so it's neither here nor there but I was disgusted by his performance.

malcolms

Do we know for sure one way or the other?

dommers

Do we know for sure one way or the other?
Probably not, but we can't be any worse of or we would have waited until the end of the season before letting him go.