• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

exeter city v huddersfield town matchday thread

Cravat 2

We have had a run of tough games. A win against brentford on mon and a win or two in the league and we will be fine.

citizen33

What worries me is that both Yeovil and Argyle have been absolute poo recently, but could go above us with a single victory. Surely some of the teams down there are going to string a few results together soon.

PINHOE RED

Almost dont know how to sum that up. Hang on..... SH*T is a good start! The first half looked promising & even the wind died in the 2nd half. Clearly that wasnt enough!!!

Cravat 2

What worries me is that both Yeovil and Argyle have been absolute poo recently, but could go above us with a single victory. Surely some of the teams down there are going to string a few results together soon.
Yeovil have been on an amazing run!

citizen33

Hadn't noticed. More to worry about then!

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeovil have been playing well and have sneaky feeling Wallsall might just get out of it.
Again if we take 4 points from County/Swindon I'll be happy. League 1 status if far more important that any JPT final. Obviously our manager thinks different, but its vital to nip any "hartlepool run" of last year in the bud now.

First clean sheet in ages against Swindon.

Tis decides to rest Taylor and Hamer. Who were two of our best players.
I don't think we need to worry yet.

Todays game was winnable, and I'm sure the FA won't fine us for fielding a weakened side after the first half performance.
Just a shame we couldn't score.
JC's injury is obvisly a big loss.

However, a win on Monday, and all will be rosey in the garden.

Come on you reds!

Last edited:

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I say 4-1 so I say 4-1:D
Spot on Rog....oops!!

Banksy

Well , just back from the game , and I have to say we didn't deserve that score. What we did deserve I don't know exactly , I was thinking at half time a draw would've been a fair result or at best a goal would win it for either team but there you go. Playing the geriatric ones I guess we sacrificed everything for a result on Monday , let's hope the gamble pays off. That said , they did reasonably well and I thought Edwards had a solid game. Just no end product. Didn't think Huddersfield were that special and the score flattered them , but that's promotion form. Just a good workmanlike team. Hope everyone is firing on all cylinders on Monday and Jamie is available up front. Goodness , we can't lose three home games in a row can we?

Joshyd123

If we lose on Monday with a better strength team, Tisdale out.