• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

exeter city v huddersfield town matchday thread

Citysupporter2099

What a let down.

Positives: Troy & Edwards = Rocks.

Negatives: Golbourne going forwards. Tully getting injured? Artur was a bit hit and miss today? Bit dodgy at times. Nardiello, big let down, needs to man up and get on with it. Logan ineffective, didn't actually do anything. Big Bank should sing like they did when we were 3-0 down when it's 0-0. Mehh cba to write anymore......

older-codger

Tully went off injured while Bertie and Logie (particularly the latter) weren't making a massive contribution - Logie has gone right off the boil again recently.

Nards was lively but as Mr Moxsy has said was a bit lightweight but partly because support was too far away.
Maybe Logie was just fed up with getting into good positions and watching Nards play as if he was on his own! There were a number of occasions in the first half where Logie was crying out for a pass on the right of their penalty area only for Nards to play keep ball until he was dispossessed.

I wonder if Nards is really a team player

Last edited:

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder if Nards is really a team player
I think we know the answer to that. If in doubt refer to the Walsall game.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Well, whatever else is said, we can kiss goodbye to the idea of "Fortress SJP" this season. We have conceded 23 goals at home after 14 games - last season it was just 14 at the same stage. We have also lost 4 home games - the total for the whole of last term.

geoffwp

I'm a bit baffled. Anyone reading your match report would have to conclude that Nardiello played very well.
I thought it read fairly neutral for him, as you would expect perhaps of an 'official' report. It just mentions two misses of his.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Auf Wiedersehen, Pet

Grecian_Jay

Never watched City from the Flybe before so I enjoyed (if that's the right word) a different perspective on the game. When I got handed the team sheet I could barely belive what I was reading, never have I felt so down about an upcoming game. However in the first half we really looked pretty good. Edwards was great, Troy was brilliant and even Bertie did alright. Half time at 0-0 things were looking okay.

I can only guess Lee Clark went in at half time and bollocked his team because they came out of the traps a different side. The whole game changed when Lee Clark brought on Cadamarteri (Hoping Tis learnt a thing or 2 about how making the right sub can actually help you win a game), he showed hunger, passion and ability, all of which our strikers were lacking today. From then on they didn't look back.

Each goal was poor to concede from our point of view but the 2nd goal was very well worked down their right side but how easy did Pilkington beat Goldie, it was like watching Usain Bolt up against James Corden, it was a pathetic attempt at defending.

No 1 player is to blame but Artur, Goldie, Logan, Nards and Stewart were extremely poor today (might be harsh on Nards but he just frustrated me a lot today).

Has there ever been a City player who has offered less than Thomson does? What is the point in him? I note some on here have said he looked alright when he came on, I'm sorry but you must have got confused with someone else. He doesn't even look like a footballer.

All in all a good 1st half performance but a dire 2nd half performance. All I can say is I'm glad I didn't have to pay to get in to watch it. Oh and a well done to the fans who stayed behind and carried on singing to the end, if only all the players showed that kind of commitment.

Grecian_Jay

Forgot to add how f*cking bad Harley was today. I know there will be many on here claiming he was never a whole-hearted player anyway but today was an embarrasment. Yes he can win a game single handedly but only if he wants to.

Surely we can't accept a performance like that can we? I'm still a massive fan but today he doesn't deserve his wage I'm afraid.

Jaffacake

come on whats this financial security that you think Tis needs to sacrifice league points for?
How much do we stand to game if we win the JPT?
Is there any exeweber who knows the answer?
I believing winning the JPT will net us just £50,000 but with 90% of the gate being split between two clubs even the losing team is in for at least £300k.

So on Monday, Tis and and boys will be playing for about 30% of next season's playing budget with a little TV income to boot.

So why risk injuring your best players for a match that if we looked at honesty would of be happy with a point. Huddersfield are 3rd for a reason!

Win or Lose on Monday, Tis has his work cut out to keep us from the drop, but Win and next season we will have so much more to build on. With a departure of Harley, I think we're gonna need it!

Tisdale STAYS!

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never watched City from the Flybe before so I enjoyed (if that's the right word) a different perspective on the game. When I got handed the team sheet I could barely belive what I was reading, never have I felt so down about an upcoming game. However in the first half we really looked pretty good. Edwards was great, Troy was brilliant and even Bertie did alright. Half time at 0-0 things were looking okay.

I can only guess Lee Clark went in at half time and bollocked his team because they came out of the traps a different side. The whole game changed when Lee Clark brought on Cadamarteri (Hoping Tis learnt a thing or 2 about how making the right sub can actually help you win a game), he showed hunger, passion and ability, all of which our strikers were lacking today. From then on they didn't look back.

Each goal was poor to concede from our point of view but the 2nd goal was very well worked down their right side but how easy did Pilkington beat Goldie, it was like watching Usain Bolt up against James Corden, it was a pathetic attempt at defending.

No 1 player is to blame but Artur, Goldie, Logan, Nards and Stewart were extremely poor today (might be harsh on Nards but he just frustrated me a lot today).

Has there ever been a City player who has offered less than Thomson does? What is the point in him? I note some on here have said he looked alright when he came on, I'm sorry but you must have got confused with someone else. He doesn't even look like a footballer.

All in all a good 1st half performance but a dire 2nd half performance. All I can say is I'm glad I didn't have to pay to get in to watch it. Oh and a well done to the fans who stayed behind and carried on singing to the end, if only all the players showed that kind of commitment.
sounds a fair comment. i didnt go today and youre saying the same as other people i have spoken to. i hate to say it but it looks increasingly likely we are in for another relagation dogfight