• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Carlisle United Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Seems ages since I stood on the Big Bank watching a game.

Jason's match preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/03/08/next-up-exeter-city-vs-carlisle-united-3/

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
SJP has changed a bit since last time we played Carlisle!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah, there's probably far more water on it to start with.

Legohead

Banned
The Cumbrians have quite a few decent away day wins to their name this season, many of them with clean sheets too so if they score first this could be a tricky afternoon. However I'm going for us to go a few goals up and finally run out 3-1 winners.

Be another tough game no doubt.

Also they have ex Gull Mark Ellis in defence who I've seen much of. He's a goal threat from set pieces and I believe he scored last week too. One to watch.

David Treharne

A bit earlier than usual on account of having to get up at crack of dawn to take someone to the airport. However, a day that Grecian 2k has been waiting for....

It's a very mild 10c, but feels colder on account of the lively SSE breeze. There's 100% grey cloud cover and it's raining. We've had just over 10mm in the last 24 hours and at times it's been quite heavy. There's no immediate sign of a rise in barometric pressure so it could rain for some time, since there's also no sign of a change in wind direction. In fact it's pretty miserable, and it's been a fairly wet week so I think the pitch will be playable, but heavy, and is likely to cut up quite badly. I think "dismal" might be the right word to use at 09.22
Update at 13:00

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Will the game be on?
Its ****ing down again in Exmouth and it`s basically rained for two days?
I expect Carlisle are already in Exeter.
Lets face it the much maligned pitch is struggling .
I don`t fancy paying twice to watch another game.
UTC
Would be super annoying if it was called off...bizarrely all the postponements we’ve had has made our league position look stronger than it could be...2 or 3 games in hand could give us a big advantage over everyone else come late April

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Club are saying all is good in regards to the pitch.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The rain has pretty much stopped here in Exeter now and it’s dry from 12pm. Pitch should be fine but will certainly be heavy.

Can’t wait for the game, come on City!

flakey pasty

Hope we win. This game is a milestone for me. I'm taking the boy to his first ever game. He's 4 years old and not really into footy but I'm hoping one live game with the atmosphere should do the trick.

C'mon City!
Make sure you pick up a programme, Angus, so he can keep it a souveneer of his first ever game.

contrabombarde

Looking forward to this. It seems forever since we played. Hope your Grandson gets hooked Angus. I'm hoping to take my 7 year old one soon too. COYR.