• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bournemouth Matchday thread!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stewart shouldn't be playing. Big Mac should start...

Seems simple enough to me :D

Phil Sayers

Stewart shouldn't be playing. Big Mac should start...

Seems simple enough to me :D
Stewart has been quality in the last few months. Why drop him now? More of a case for it late autumn / early winter if you ask me and even then he didn't deserve all the stick he was getting on here.

manc grecian

Stewart did ok. Found a lot of space. We do seem dreadfully immobile with Russel in the side as well though...

denzel

Maybe playing 'older' players like Stewart Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday needs to be looked at. He was excellent on Saturday at Luton, possibly he just needs a rest.

geoffwp

I really hope Tiz did a hairdryer in the dressing room after.

Midland Red

aagggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats better.
Took the words out of my mouth, manc. Time for some liquid anaesthetic I think. :D

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Football can be a cruel game but tonights result was spot on. Bournemouth wanted to win and City were poor for an hour.

We had no width, no height up front and a serious lack of passion at times.

Roll on Saturday after Tis gives them a right ear bashing

i_m

spodman

We were lacking fight tonight but full credit to Bournemouth, so much determination and effort, totally deserved their win.

I'm most disappointed that we didn't see the warning signs in the last 20 mins of the first-half. Our midfield was totally over run and needed some bite, Bertie the obvious option of those selected for the bench, though Manny was the man we really missed tonight.

They're goals were mistakes defensively by us but we were being put under so much pressure that we were bound to crack eventually.

Troy was not at the races tonight and was constantly slow to react. He also looked completely gone physically with 15 minutes to go and thought Seaborne was coming on for him.

Edwards reverted to his dallying ways and was getting caught in possession.

Saunders is not a wing back and his confidence is started to really suffer because of it, needs a rest.

The rest of the side worked hard but we're a side built to keep the ball and tonight we weren't allowed to do that.

Not the end of the world but as with Chesterfield, Bournemouth did they're homework and gave us no time or space on the ball. Tis needs to pick the players up for Saturday, with Bradford also taking a beating tonight.

Borat

Just a quick one. We didnt have enough bite, looked lightweight all over the pitch, they wanted it more than us, took and created more chances than us. A bit of a reality check, thinks we should go back to 4-4-2. Thats football.

exile in wales

hhhmmmmmm dont think that i will ever understand football if i live to be a hundred ,,,still we are still in there with a fighting chance ,,,,why oh why does saunders still get the nod ???? a nice lad yes but doesnt attack as often as he should plays to far back ,,ok lets scrub this one off and just hope that the 11 that take to the feild on saturday are the best we have and are really up for it we now need to dig deep .