• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Bournemouth Matchday thread!

Borat

I thought that Stanno did nothing of note today, ran a bit as usual but also lost the ball and never threatened the keeper. Gill was the obvious MOTM for me and Taylor was good too but MOxey never really inspired me. As for so easy to score against, well we've been pretty decent for a few weeks now, you've got to expect the ocassional lapse.
First half Stans did well in closing down their defenders.....when moved out to the right second half we was ineffective :(

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Match report now up on the official site

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
I thought that Stanno did nothing of note today, ran a bit as usual but also lost the ball and never threatened the keeper. Gill was the obvious MOTM for me and Taylor was good too but MOxey never really inspired me. As for so easy to score against, well we've been pretty decent for a few weeks now, you've got to expect the ocassional lapse.
Gill is my player of the season, but those four players stood out for me. We have been very shakey at the back for weeks now and ridden our luck, today it ran out. It needs sorting

Antony Moxey

Forget the top 3 now
Why? We're only three points off third spot with about ten games to go.

:S

Antony Moxey

I fekkin HATE it when we roll over at home.
We didn't 'roll over', we were simply beaten by a better side on the night.

Oli

Why? We're only three points off third spot with about ten games to go.

:S
Please don't get in the way of irrational thought

exesaddler

Gill is my player of the season, but those four players stood out for me. We have been very shakey at the back for weeks now and ridden our luck, today it ran out. It needs sorting
Gill was clearly MOM first half - ran the show -and did what he could second half. Interestingly he seemed to put lots of balls out to Saunders on the right initially but as the game progressed he preferred to check back and distribute to Rob/Deano. The Left back seemed to have the better of Saunders tonight.

Liam was more direct when he cam on but they had gone 4 at the back by then and he had no need to marshall a wing back.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Gill was clearly MOM first half - ran the show -and did what he could second half. Interestingly he seemed to put lots of balls out to Saunders on the right initially but as the game progressed he preferred to check back and distribute to Rob/Deano. The Left back seemed to have the better of Saunders tonight.

Liam was more direct when he cam on but they had gone 4 at the back by then and he had no need to marshall a wing back.
Gilly is far and away our most consistent player, always at least a 7/10 perfomance, frequently 8-9/10, and that is why he is my POTS so far

Antony Moxey

Some thoughts. Sercombe should have started instead of Saunders, who had an absolute shocker. I gather the only reason Sercombe started at Luton was because Saunders was recovering from flu - I guess he hasn't properly then, and Sercombe has outshone him in every way possible in the last two games.

Bash needs to find his shooting boots again. Twice in two games now he's made a nob of it when well placed.

It's all getting a bit much for Edwards.

Manny should play instead of Russell.

Macca should never start (although tonight he should have stayed on the bench for all the good he did out there)

We have six strikers on the books, yet when we desperately need a goal we substitute a striker who's scored two in two with a centre half and push another centre half up front. Go figure.

Stewart and Gill worked so hard tonight, it's a pity the rest of the midfield - with the exception of Deano in the first 25 minutes - couldn't match it.

The crowd was like a morgue for pretty much the entire game.

Bring on Bradford - I can't wait.

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
Bournemouth were more hungry for it and were the better team - in the seond half at least!

Bring on Saturday [ecfc]