• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City & Plymouth Argyle rivalry

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
tubby fatlingson is a darned awful manager, i distinctly remember (ith some glee!) rodney marsh saying how abysmal plymuffs tactics of long ball in the championship were

one of the reasons you survived was the team that came last were about as able as LEIGH RMI

and notts forrest are crap too!

Doug P

All this talk about rivalry brought back good memories of my days in the Cow Shed and not so long ago a surtain Andy Gray was on the TV saying that he had no idea about the passion between Exeter and Plymouth " There is more excitement here than at Anfield".

And towards the end of last season you could feel that passion growing again, a new belief that here at SJP we will see more victories and trophies next seaon plus one day soon the Defeat of the PA by our mighty Reds again. :crazy:

hatch4england

Rivalry? Well, lat time I was there, a City fan was hit by a ball bearing thrown from outside the ground after the match.

But it is obviously less sharp now that we no longer play one another in competitions that matter.

Far be it for me to suggest, by the way, that their resurgence is in any way connected with having (I believe) a chartered accountant and a solicitor on their board (and not Mr McAulay).

:)

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
hit by a ball bearing ....... But it is obviously less sharp now
:shock: :lol:

hatch4england

glad you spotted that Spoonz...I was hoping (but not confident) someone would!

T

TORRIEGRECIAN

Excuse me for pointing out the most bloody obvious......but i would expect to read this on banter base & not WoWS!!!!

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
This is banter base though.....

GrecianInWales

I moved it, as Torrie was right, it belongd on banter base. I meant to move it earlier but then I was handed some proofs to get done urgently. You know how it is... :whistle:

geoffwp

Hatch wrote;
Far be it for me to suggest, by the way, that their resurgence is in any way connected with having (I believe ) a chartered accountant and a solicitor on their board
Well come the revolution when the lot of them go against the wall, that will be it for argyle then eh? :lol: .....sorted!

Antony Moxey

(I believe) a chartered accountant and a solicitor on their board
Oh how those long winter nights must fair race by... :whistle: