• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City on this day

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Grecian Numbers are wrong. It was 85th and 86th not 75th and 76th.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Indeed. Late goals.

STURTZ

Kids don't know what mud is these days!

Rosencrantz

And we were still jumping around like loons in the cowshed when Fleck scored ☹

budegrecian

Probably the only thing Brian McDermott ever did wrong in a City shirt.:(

Oldsmobile-88

Probably the only thing Brian McDermott ever did wrong in a City shirt.:(
Indeed..TC was not happy with him,accusing him of not putting a tackle in from the KO after we had scored..

I remember going into work on Monday to get the Wednesday off for the replay at Norwich along with a few other lads at work(easy to forget now,but any replay was the following week)
Much moaning(Jan was a busy month for work in the gas industry back then)but we got the time off thanks to the work planner who cancelled loads of appointments 😁Top man.

About 5 coaches were quickly hired which was no mean feat by Darkie who ran the travel for the SC back then,he roped me in to steward one of them..

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
15 years on from my most memorable day supporting City, and there have been a few

Still amazing to think of how unlikely that result was, weakened Utd or not. Those Sunday papers the day after were to die for - I still have them all!

UTC and thank god for ball 64

LOG

I was going through some old boxes the other day and found my ticket. I seem to have a second one too but i don't know who that belonged to!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
15 years on from my most memorable day supporting City, and there have been a few

Still amazing to think of how unlikely that result was, weakened Utd or not. Those Sunday papers the day after were to die for - I still have them all!

UTC and thank god for ball 64
The Man United squad that day contained 11 full internationals*, I think it was.

*I also *think* this figure comprised players who would go on to play full internationals e.g. Pique.