• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City A.F.C. v Morecambe A.F.C. Official Match Day Thread.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Reid brings a winning mentality to the team, something which we need desperately to balance Tizzy's nonchalance.. The penalty decision against Mansfield was correct in my opinion : Reid cut across the defender who was forced to obstruct or stand back and watch a goal probably go in. Haven't seen the penalty against Morecambe, but it was the ref's call and he gave it.

Last edited:

continentalgrecian

Reading this thread one could be forgiven for thinking City were in Hartlepool's place right now. Jesus Christ!!! I'm with Antman and Pobbop on this.

dontpassback

Sorry, but if you didn't leave SJP yesterday feeling entertained then, dare I suggest, you should probably try another sport. Admittedly, we weren't at our best for a lot of the game, but the final 10 minutes produced drama of the highest order.

What, exactly, are you expecting from a League Two football club... Barca-like total football from the first minute to the last?!

I guess if you were a Man U fan you'd have been complaining after the 1999 Champions League win that they hadn't played very well for the first 89-odd minutes. Enjoy the bleedin' moment!
Total rubbish !,as someone who has been going to the park since 1968 I can honestly say that apart from Ellisons great strike and the last 5 minutes action,it was like watching paint dry.i don't expect us to play like Barca,after all we are in league 2,but what I do expect is something better than was produced yesterday,if you think the game prior. to added time was entertainment then you must be easily pleased !

Grecian2K

Wise words an old darts captain told me many years ago:
Winning easy takes care of itself, but its winning ugly that takes care of the prizes

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I think it is clear there is a split in the fanbase regarding the managers tactics and decisions. Regularly on social media it gets suggested that some who are critical are happy when we lose, and when we win I also still come across comments about the "haters". I did find it a little telling that the home numbers didn't get above 4000 and on quite a few occasions the atmosphere from the bank seemed dulled.

I have issues with Tisdale, but still always want us to win. I do tend to fear that things are going to go against us , and happily have been surprised a few times recently including yesterday. I guess whatever your view all you can do is give an honest opinion, I haven't agreed with a lot of the line ups and feel that we are often far too cautious which I put down to the character of the manager. I love it when we play a high energy pressing game but this seems to happen far too infrequently. The performances against Cheltenham Wycombe Crewe Colchester Orient Mansfield is the sort of performance we should be striving for and Tisdale deserves credit for his part in those, I would just like us to focus on our attacking abilities and try to give the opposition something to worry about more often.

For all of that I wasn't expecting to be fifth at this stage so it's a good opportunity to try and take. It will probably be good for us to play a higher placed side in Carlisle and hopefully a home play off leg against another good side, as we often seem to make life difficult against a side we are expecting to beat. It is also definitely a plus scoring a lot of late goals, as long as we don't adopt this as a plan. You can't continually recover situations.

manc grecian

Maybe people who go to the game and report back what the game was like shouldn't bother. Should just leave it to people who barely if ever watch us.

The atmosphere was killed straight away yesterday as it took everyone 15 mins to get their heads round where everyone was playing

Alistair20000

Maybe people who go to the game and report back what the game was like shouldn't bother. Should just leave it to people who barely if ever watch us.

The atmosphere was killed straight away yesterday as it took everyone 15 mins to get their heads round where everyone was playing
Partly because your large huff was still swirling round Sid James Park after no Stacey in the starting line up was announced manc :)

Last edited:

manc grecian

No Reid either and I had to sit next to Lionel. Huffs everywhere

Antony Moxey

Reading this thread one could be forgiven for thinking City were in Hartlepool's place right now. Jesus Christ!!! I'm with Antman and Pobbop on this.
It's funny how it appears as though those who are the most enthusiastic are the ones who rarely get to see us actually play.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The You Tube highlights

[video=youtube;N_eHkvK_0R8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_eHkvK_0R8[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_eHkvK_0R8