• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City A.F.C. v Morecambe A.F.C. Official Match Day Thread.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm happy to stand by my suggestion that the majority of happy clappers seem to be those that don't see us play regularly. As for remembering stuff, I don't think I'll be remembering much about this season other than how dreadful the standard of football has been throughout. It's ridiculous given where we are in the league but this season genuinely has been one of the worst ever in terms of entertainment and at the moment I'm still seriously umming and ahhing as to whether to bother renewing my season ticket - the cost just doesn't justify what's on offer on a Saturday afternoon.
Season ticket and happy clapper, been to about a dozen away games too.

Football hasn't always been the best, but I am a City fan and it's a results business.

Funny how many were moaning when we were playing ineffectual tippy tapped stuff, yet are still moaning when we score scrappy goals against the run of play.

What will I remember about this season? A great win in the league cup, starts for Ethan, the continued rise of Ollie, Wheeler scoring 8 in a row, an incredible run from the bottom up to fourth, scoring 4 goals every week, coming back from the dead against Yeovil, winning at Mansfield....need I go on?

Already renewed for next season.

Last edited:

IndoMike

He must be doing something right then #biggerpicture

But yes, I wish we'd do it at home more often...
We are doing some things right, but it could all be more entertaining and more "right". The attendance yesterday speaks volumes. And when an objective poster and longterm supporter like Moxers says he may or may not renew his ST (but i hope he does) then you have to be objective yourself and understand that many customers are not satisfied. It shoul be a joy to go to SJP, but over the years it's become torture.

Pobbop

We are doing some things right, but it could all be more entertaining and more "right". The attendance yesterday speaks volumes. And when an objective poster and longterm supporter like Moxers says he may or may not renew his ST (but i hope he does) then you have to be objective yourself and understand that many customers are not satisfied. It shoul be a joy to go to SJP, but over the years it's become torture.
and you don't think "torture" is being a tad unobjective and melodramatic.

In the end, from what I heard at the ground and read on social media most people came out of the game buzzing,this thread is not reflective of people that went to the match IMO.

The crowd is of course down to the poor fare of the last five seasons, but it is not exactly a disaster, and a play-off place will off-set that nicely.

IndoMike

Pobbop :Where did I say it was a disaster? You accuse me of hyperbole and resort to it yourself. It's not a disaster, but as you yourself say, people have been put off by the defensive-minded performances over 5 years. That steady drip has gradually squeezed the enthusiasm out of the fans. The weird team selections haven't helped, especially at home. We can still love Exeter City and be glued to any news and live reports about the team whilst being critical of Tizzy and some of our displays. The team does not belong only to the "Happy Clappers", you know.

Last edited:

Pobbop

Pobbop :Where did I say it was a disaster? You accuse me of hyperbole and resort to it yourself. It's not a disaster, but as you yourself say, people have been put off by the defensive-minded performances over 5 years. That steady drip has gradually squeezed the enthusiasm out of the fans. The weird team selections haven't helped, especially at home. We can still love Exeter City and be glued to any news and live reports about the team whilst being critical of Tizzy and some of our displays. The team does not belong only to the "Happy Clappers", you know.
Well I take the fact you've already mentioned it many times that you thought it was a disaterl.

I know the club doesn't just belong to that rather derogatory term for positive people, I'm just saying Exeweb and particularly this thread has slided massively out of any kind of semblance of reality by the miserablists. I talk to supporters and most think this place is a joke.

As I do say, I wish our home performances were better, but we have scored more goals this season, and it has been an improvement IMHO. That's all you can do, improve. We're fifth, your contempt for "tizzy" has masked any impartiality you may have. Look at what you put about his innocuous presser, five criticisms. We won, we're in the play-off places, cheer up.(tisdale)

and you don't think "torture" is being a tad unobjective and melodramatic.

In the end, from what I heard at the ground and read on social media most people came out of the game buzzing.
More through relief than anything else,,,,,

,,,,bit like when you commit yourself to a dump but it takes 45 minutes of huffing and puffing so far knowing that you're stuck in that nomansland before that sudden euphoric release !

That's like watching City that is

paperclip

Pobbop, please don't include me in those people who left the ground 'buzzing' yesterday. I was probably yawning after watching another 89 minutes of rubbish. Despite the two late goals I thought yesterday's game was tedious. The older chap beside me walking out of the ground shaking his head told me that he felt exactly the same.

It's definitely no surprise to me that crowds aren't any bigger than they are, given the lack of entertainment on offer for at least 9/10ths of each game.

Pobbop

Pobbop, please don't include me in those people who left the ground 'buzzing' yesterday. I was probably yawning after watching another 89 minutes of rubbish. Despite the two late goals I thought yesterday's game was tedious. The older chap beside me walking out of the ground shaking his head told me that he felt exactly the same.

It's definitely no surprise to me that crowds aren't any bigger than they are, given the lack of entertainment on offer for at least 9/10ths of each game.
I said "most", so no I didn't include you or many of the long-standing Tisdale-out" brigade.

IndoMike

Well I take the fact you've already mentioned it many times that you thought it was a disaterl.

I know the club doesn't just belong to that rather derogatory term for positive people, I'm just saying Exeweb and particularly this thread has slided massively out of any kind of semblance of reality by the miserablists. I talk to supporters and most think this place is a joke.

As I do say, I wish our home performances were better, but we have scored more goals this season, and it has been an improvement IMHO. That's all you can do, improve. We're fifth, your contempt for "tizzy" has masked any impartiality you may have. Look at what you put about his innocuous presser, five criticisms. We won, we're in the play-off places, cheer up.(tisdale)
You're doing it again ! Exaggerating to try to prove your point. I have no contempt at all for Tizzy (btw : just a nickname, like i call Alistair "Ali" etc.), in fact I spoke well about him on seeing the video with him and the kids interviewing him 2 weeks ago. You should withdraw your comment that I have contempt for him. But....do I think he manages the team well...not so much, for the reasons I have explained above.
Your post is surrounded by posts from people who were at the game most of whom concur that they were bored and frustrated. You can support Tizzy all you want but you can't ignore the general mood of this and other threads.

STURTZ

Must admit that with five minutes to go I thought, well at least that's put this season out of it's misery and let's face it it's not been up there with other seasons when we have been seemingly successful. Think the squad's been good enough but, apart from the unbeaten run, players have been moved around and left out too often.

Still we scored two more late goals and now we're still up for it and amazingly I still believe that Tisdale will pick the first team and we will show what our potential actually is. We live in hope rather than expectation which has been my catchphrase before just about every home game this season.