• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Elliott Frear

Langer

I think he will come good slowly slowly catchy monkey and all that.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quick, gets chalks on his boots and crosses the ball early. No place for him here. Should be ahead of Shepherd, Keohane when it comes to getting a place on the bench

ECFCHUNTY

i heard he was carried out the aussie bar saturday night for being involved in a scuffle

GeraintJones

I think he is a very good player
Alway been a big fan of Frear, this isnt the last we've seen of him in the first team this season thats for sure
I think he will come good
These are all throw away comments, he's only played 10mins for the 1st team!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
These are all throw away comments, he's only played 10mins for the 1st team!
Agree, sadly.

There were a lot of very positive lording comments regarding Shephard's first few games along with Keohane's too (me included, i think) and since then they've struggled to make any impact.

Frear's very young and i'd be amazed if he plays in any of our league games this season. Surely, one day though, one of these youngster's will nail down a first team place but am not sure who at the moment.

STURTZ

Quite disapointed that none of our army of youth that featured at the start of the season seem to have cemented a first team place and have reverted to being just squad members, so far.

Shepherd, Keohane, Bennet, Frear, Nichols, Mc Nish, who will make it?

Quite disapointed that none of our army of youth that featured at the start of the season seem to have cemented a first team place and have reverted to being just squad members, so far.

To be honest I think cutting the amount of subs down from 7 to 5 has had a massive detrimental effect on the progress of our youngsters, as it is now very hard for them to even get a place on the bench and to be honest you can't really blame Tis for not pitching them in when we have been struggling on the pitch. If they are good enough, we should be looking to get them out on loan to Blue Square Premier sides to build up a bit of experience and match hardness. There is no point in sending them out to the likes of Bideford in my mind as it is a million miles away from League 1 standard and they are more likely to pick up some bad habits.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

I think a lot of this will come down to the positions they play and the players they have to dislodge to get in the side in the current set up of the team. Shepherd, Keohane and McNish are all effectivly trying to dislodge David Noble, who, apart from being a senior member of the squad, is club captain. Frear is a winger and we all know what Tis doesn't do........... wingers. Bennett may get his chance when injuries and suspensions start combining and Nichols is another one who may get his chance that way aswell.

Grecian_Jay

To be honest I think cutting the amount of subs down from 7 to 5 has had a massive detrimental effect on the progress of our youngsters, as it is now very hard for them to even get a place on the bench and to be honest you can't really blame Tis for not pitching them in when we have been struggling on the pitch. If they are good enough, we should be looking to get them out on loan to Blue Square Premier sides to build up a bit of experience and match hardness. There is no point in sending them out to the likes of Bideford in my mind as it is a million miles away from League 1 standard and they are more likely to pick up some bad habits.
Spot on. Get them out on loan with a 24 hour call-back clause and get them some proper experience.

STURTZ

I agree that Tis doesn't use wingers, he seems to think that having a wide man standing on the touchline waiting for the ball is a waste of a player as he spends long periods out of the game. He prefers all his players to be involved throughout the game, nobody can really argue with this considering the success we have had.

However he has used pacey "wingmen" but through the centre much as Taylor is used now. Noone came to us as a winger and City gave him new life and kickstarted his career by using him in the middle, many thought Mackie should have been a winger but, again, we got the best out of him using him down the middle. It's the Arsene Wenger school of thought in my opinion.

Perhaps Frear can adapt to life through the centre as well.