• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Elliott Frear

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed. There are many different perspectives.

I'll go for a player who regularly starts for the first team.

Simples
That would be my guide as well, the next Liam Sercombe if you like.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shepherd, Keohane, Bennet, Frear, Nichols, McNish, who will make it?
If make it means breaking through to being a first team regular, none of the above this season I fear - unless we get lots of injuries and suspensions.

Who would pick any of them before the current preferred outfield squad of 16 if all are available - Tully, Duffy, Troy, Coles, Golly, BJ, Oakley, Sercs, Dunne, Noble, Bauza, Nards, Taylor, O'Flynn, Logie?

So it depends on how long Oakley / Taylor stay and injuries / suspensions.

Bennett and perhaps Shephard most places on the bench, Tis seems to have a soft spot for Shep and is working on getting him tougher / harder for a run in L1.

All are probably lower L1 standard players, but we need better than that, we need top half L1 players.

grecIAN Harris

If make it means breaking through to being a first team regular, none of the above this season I fear - unless we get lots of injuries and suspensions.

Who would pick any of them before the current preferred outfield squad of 16 if all are available - Tully, Duffy, Troy, Coles, Golly, BJ, Oakley, Sercs, Dunne, Noble, Bauza, Nards, Taylor, O'Flynn, Logie?

So it depends on how long Oakley / Taylor stay and injuries / suspensions.

Bennett and perhaps Shephard most places on the bench, Tis seems to have a soft spot for Shep and is working on getting him tougher / harder for a run in L1.

All are probably lower L1 standard players, but we need better than that, we need top half L1 players.
I'd pick Nichols every day of the week and twice on Sundays over Logan.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure I agree, Nicholls is still to light weight.

That said, on reflection I'd probably pick Bennett over BJ but that would leave the team unbalanced - and Tis played Taylor at LB rather than bringing on Bennett or moving Coles to LB at Sheffield. Time to get Bennett to play a couple of reserve games on the left of the defence? Or can Duffy cover LB?

grecIAN Harris

Not sure I agree, Nicholls is still to light weight.......
but physically fit as opposed to Logan who is overweight and totally unfit.

Poultice

Yes, but you wouldn't have picked Jamie Mackie at all which pretty much sums up what you know about strikers.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
but physically fit as opposed to Logan who is overweight and totally unfit.
His battle with the demon food?

FAN-TATIC

Yeah, Nichols would do very well in the Exeter Sunday League both AM and PM games. In reality he's for later, not this season though.

David Treharne

Yeah, Nichols would do very well in the Exeter Sunday League both AM and PM games. In reality he's for later, not this season though.
I have a suspicion that he's likely to be a part of the squad for Saturday- especially in view of some of his recent performances. Elliott probably needs several more cameo performances before he's ready to step up, even to a place on the bench.

exeips

I too would sooner see Nichols on the bench than Logan. I'm a fan of Logie but unfortunately in the games he's played this year he hasn't looked up for it. On the other hand Nichols has looked better when coming on as a sub.