• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Danny Seaborne to Norwich?

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Turned down an offer.... described as derisory....

.....Didn;t want to talk about it but had no choice as Norwich went public...

fred binneys head

Sorry, the official site is blocked at work. What's the general jist of this article please?
City have turned down bid from Norwich.

City wanted it kept between the clubs and are annoyed it is now being played out in the press.

Perryman says Seaborne will go to higher level at some point, but the time is not now and not for such a derisory amount.

finetime

Scrat is out of contract in the summer and I would guess that Naaarwich would be offering close to three times his current deal, they average over 20k at home and are potentially a Premiership club, makes pretty good sense to me.

I have always thought Scrat was a better player than his performances would suggest, were I the boss of a Championship side looking for a centre back I would take him over Matty T.
So would I although I don't think either are good enough at the moment. With Seabornes age/physique he has the potential to improve further than Taylor though. Anything over 100K + add-ons would be a good deal IMO.

crocks

£100K, pah! City are a L1 club now - minimum is £500K.

Grecian1987

Cheers.

Fecking Norwich.

exeips

On the contrary, Seaborne may get itchy feet and start moaning.
Also it can't help when his own supporters shout out " you're sh*t Seaborne". Which happened last week in the OG. Thankfully Danny didn't rise to the bait & just gave the moaner a stare back.

LammieLammieLammie

Scrat is out of contract in the summer and I would guess that Naaarwich would be offering close to three times his current deal, they average over 20k at home and are potentially a Premiership club, makes pretty good sense to me.
Exactly. Plus a decent signing on fee. The timing always fascinates me, cos I think the bid was made at least a couple of weeks ago.

fred binneys head

Also it can't help when his own supporters shout out " you're sh*t Seaborne". Which happened last week in the OG. Thankfully Danny didn't rise to the bait & just gave the moaner a stare back.
He'd better brace himself for when he gets to Norwich then :) We are a pretty harmless bunch really - he will have 25,000 people shouting "you're sh*t" at him if he isn't a world-beater from day 1.

Gozzer

When he signed, wasn't he announced as a left back?
Your memory is probably better than mine. I can only remember him in the Conference as a CB.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Your memory is probably better than mine. I can only remember him in the Conference as a CB.
Er, slightly crossed wires methinks? LLL is talking of Golbourne.