• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2016

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good news, saw him this year and worth the admission price just to watch him.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Chris Gayle has signed up to play for Somerset again.
Just don't interview him pitch-side!

Antony Moxey

Just don't interview him pitch-side!
Why not? I'll go for a beer with him?!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Why not? I'll go for a beer with him?!
You're not a spectacularly melodramatic Aussie, though.*

*Not that the interviewer was melodramatic - the reaction was typical Aussie hyperbole though.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Purchased my membership for this year. Looking forward to seeing how many balls Chris Gale can deposit into the town. I think the shoppers need to be on their guard for when the Gale blows in!!

Silver fox

World record test century off 54 balls by Brendan McCullum.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
My busiest time of the year starts now. Football and cricket cross over but thankfully the first cricket game is away to Durham starting today so I am not going to that. Think I would be a bit late if I leave now. Hoping for a better season this year. And with Chris Gayle coming back for some of the T20 and Mahela Jayawardene playing all of them we should be in for some good cricket . My membership will be like gold dust and also Chris Rogers is playing in championship side which should give us some depth in our bating line up plus I get to sit in my new position in the new Pavilion at the home games. When Chris Gayle his straight 6 I could be in some danger. I can't wait. This is the time of year that I am full of hope and optimism (lol) but ask me after Wednesday when the first game is done ....

Alistair20000

Hampshire start with their customary first match batting collapse and POTY in 2015 Gareth Berg out for several weeks after knee surgery. :(

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I get to sit in my new position in the new Pavilion at the home games. When Chris Gayle his straight 6 I could be in some danger.
Have you started doing catching practice yet, greg? :)