• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2016

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is rubbish! We've lost four wickets in an hour and ten minutes. To be fair it has been a good bowling performance by ?Durham but we've given our wickets away.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is rubbish! We've lost four wickets in an hour and ten minutes. To be fair it has been a good bowling performance by ?Durham but we've given our wickets away.
Tough at the Riverside for batsmen especially early season with Rushworth and Onions in full cry Greg. Have you been listening to the commentary ?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Shock news that James Taylor has been forced to retire because of a serious heart condition.

Really upset for the guy, a class act on and off the pitch.

Alistair20000

Shock news that James Taylor has been forced to retire because of a serious heart condition.

Really upset for the guy, a class act on and off the pitch.
I would add my wholehearted agreement to that. Really sorry for the lad. I hope the condition can be treated and that he can carve out a decent living for himself.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I would add my wholehearted agreement to that. Really sorry for the lad. I hope the condition can be treated and that he can carve out a decent living for himself.
It's the same condition that Muamba has, which is manageable but serious exertion is a full-on no. Hopefully he won't be lost to the game and will return as a coach or similar.

I was fortunate to be at Lord's when he was at Leicestershire and scored a masterly 80-odd to delay our Div 2 championship win.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sympathy and good wishes to James Taylor.

Meanwhile, the weather is coming to Somerset's rescue. Poor forecast for the North tomorrow.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sympathy and good wishes to James Taylor.

Meanwhile, the weather is coming to Somerset's rescue. Poor forecast for the North tomorrow.
Seconded. By all accounts 'a proper chap' outside the rope and undeniably a class act inside it. Those catches at short leg in the winter will linger long in the memory.

Hope the poor forecast in the North extends to Nottingham. Surrey battled back well today but still need some help to avoid defeat barring a maiden hundred from one of the Curran's.

Martin Weiler

Greg - have been waiting forever for you, as a true cricket connoisseur, to come on here and say what a brilliant start to the season Sam Robson has had for Middlesex.

In the opening match v Warwickshire Robson launched himself into the record books, not once but numerous times, as he became the first Middlesex batsman ever to score a double century and a century in a First-Class match. His total score for the match of 337 (231 & 106) was also the highest ever First-Class match aggregate to be made by a Middlesex player at any ground, and to top it off his first innings tally of 231 was his own personal career best innings - what a performance!

Alistair20000

Somerset under the cosh from the Sorry batsmen :(

Alistair20000

A century from Banger at the Kia Oval (clap) Match heading to a draw.