• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2016

Newtonpop

Looking forward to some great afternoons at the county ground, Chelmsford next year.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bollox. Compo and the Hobbit out to successive balls. :mad:

geoffwp

What a fantastic double century from Stokes. Wonderful to know sheer power and aggression hasn't been lost by English cricket. Declaration when Bairstow reaches his hundred I wonder or do we carry on in good viking style plundering and pillaging.

Alistair20000

Test double century with a strike rate of 122/100. Awesome.

I think we should bat on to at least 600 which might take no more than an hour if Stokes stays in.

Could we finally win a Test at Newlands ?

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Magnificent from stokes & Bairstow I really had a lump in my throat when he looked to the sky following his hundred (dads passing away)

The wicket is flat as - Amla & De Villiers obviously key wickets - Anderson looked
A little rusty today but I would always back Him to take a big wicket and reckon he will get De Villiers caught behind early tomorrow before England bowl out SA for 300

Alistair20000

Top order blown away; Cook cannot get going. Bit of a recovery from Ben Stokes and the Choir Boy developing. (clap)

Last edited:

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was a good series win by England I would have laughed at you if you had said that England would have won the test series out in South Africa. South Africa wont be number one in the world if they keep having those types of batting collapses.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It was a good series win by England I would have laughed at you if you had said that England would have won the test series out in South Africa. South Africa wont be number one in the world if they keep having those types of batting collapses.
I think with a Kallis-sized hole in their line-up and with Steyn now prone to periodic bouts of injury their star has fallen somewhat. They cannot rely on two batsmen and two injured bowlers.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking good for England if they can sort out their top-order batting. They can't keep relying on Root and the lower order.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Chris Gayle has signed up to play for Somerset again.