• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United V's Exeter City Official Match Day Thread. LD2 Sunday 29th December 2019

Albumen

Thought Archie was brilliant today. And Taylor. Back three looked solid.

Their first goal was as bad as I’ve seen. How on earth was Seymour allowed to be marking Pell? He was a foot taller. Ridiculous.

Great game though. Thought we outplayed them for the majority. Very impressed with our squad.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
313. I think that Colchester were surprised at the amount as initially they only opened one block, but were forced to open another one when they saw how many we had.
Having said that, stewards were excellent and even went to get extra free programmes when they ran out.

The set up seems to have improved, there is even an outside drinking area with a massive screen where you can stand in the sunshine.

A good day out all round.

I’ve been a couple of times and have never quite understood the battering it gets on here!

Glad you got to see a good game.

PeteUSA

If nobody minds me saying so, some exceedingly poor keeping from Maxted. Their first shouldn't have beaten him at the angle it did, and the second, he appears more interested in preserving his own well being than trying to stop that shot. That starfish scissorkick type thing while gritting ones teeth just doesnt work anymore! It went out with Shay Given. JM had all the time in the world to throw himself onto that ultimate shot.

Grecian2K

Didn't take long, did it? :sleep:

PeteUSA

Didn't take long, did it? :sleep:
I only found out we played today half an hour ago!!

And no, it doesnt "take long" when I see us shipping goals that we never should, like today!!

Colesman Ballz

I only found out we played today half an hour ago!!

And no, it doesnt "take long" when I see us shipping goals that we never should, like today!!
Is that the "Royal Wee" or are you just taking the pee ?

Positive spin

If nobody minds me saying so, some exceedingly poor keeping from Maxted. Their first shouldn't have beaten him at the angle it did, and the second, he appears more interested in preserving his own well being than trying to stop that shot. That starfish scissorkick type thing while gritting ones teeth just doesnt work anymore! It went out with Shay Given. JM had all the time in the world to throw himself onto that ultimate shot.
PeteUSA post on the Newport thread.
"As I thought, their keeper will be disappointed to have let that shot in. I dont quite know how it got in between him and the post. If Maxted had let that in there'd be 100+ more posts commenting on it."

Is this the first of your 100+ posts you promised after the Newport game ?

crocks

Pete, you're an absolute idiot. There is no way on earth that Maxted was to blame for either goals

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
HAHAHAHAHAHA Shay Given has probably forgot more about goalkeeping than our colon cousin thinks he knows and still in a coaching role.

At least Dyslexnick was 24 hrs early not 5 hrs late …. But then I suppose you were following your real team down the road !
Couldn't make it up, you really couldn't.

This said of Shay Given...
"
Regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League and the world in his prime, Given was considered to be an agile, athletic, resolute and courageous goalkeeper, with excellent reflexes, anticipation, shot stopping abilities, and a good command of his area, in spite of not being particularly tall"

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pleased with a point there. Tough game which could have gone either way, great to come back after conceding 2.