• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United FC v Exeter City FC Matchday Thread

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Much as i hate saying it , thank f*ck Westley's side got that late winner.
Our "six-pointers" are running out fast.

February/ March sees away games at Huddersfield, MK Dons and Brentford with games like Sheff Wed, Charlton (late Jan) & Preston at home.
No points picked up from the "six pointers" coming up v Yeovil , Chesterfield and Oldham and we could be rightly screwed as there's no Harley, return of Friend , etc to dig us out this time.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
That doesn't matter, the point is that just changing the manager is more likely to affect the team badly than it is postively, you're better off sitting tight for a bit and letting the guy in charge sort things out.
In the context of the current set up you may be right. The structure of the club has been built round PT's vision of what a club should be and how the game should be played. It would take an age to turn round with someone else in charge, particularly if they couldn't operate within the civil service dominated heirarchy that runs things. We've painted ourselves into this particular corner and unless the artist in charge can find a solution then the rest of the season is going to be a real grind.

Much as i hate saying it , thank f*ck Westley's side got that late winner.
Our "six-pointers" are running out fast.

February/ March sees away games at Huddersfield, MK Dons and Brentford with games like Sheff Wed, Charlton (late Jan) & Preston at home.
No points picked up from the "six pointers" coming up v Yeovil , Chesterfield and Oldham and we could be rightly screwed as there's no Harley, return of Friend , etc to dig us out this time.
Don't worry Brian, this time 2 years ago we didn't expect Friend to come back and this time last year we thought Harley had gone, I'm just waiting for the new saviour to arrive in the next couple of weeks.

FAN-TATIC

Don't worry Brian, this time 2 years ago we didn't expect Friend to come back and this time last year we thought Harley had gone, I'm just waiting for the new saviour to arrive in the next couple of weeks.
The new saviour GP? Unfortunately, he died 2011 years ago. Pray on!

FAN-TATIC

Just sitting down with a lovely bowl of homemade leek and potato soup and some gorgeous crusty homemade bread, that really is all I have to say about the game.
Ah, the way to a man's heart eh Poults.

elginCity

Seems the defence remains disorganised.

I wonder what Russell Osman is doing these days...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Osman

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't really listen to the game, but the BBC says ywe had 8 corners, 4 attempts on target and 13 off. Does that sound about right, only they* do have a rep for getting it wrong?

* The PA
Log,

The scary thing is...those stats are accurate...we had precious little accurate shooting and this is something that really concerns me as shooting is something that can and should be practiced..

After the first 2/3 corners, our threat diminished from this as well...

Grecian_Jay

Log,

The scary thing is...those stats are accurate...we had precious little accurate shooting and this is something that really concerns me as shooting is something that can and should be practiced..

After the first 2/3 corners, our threat diminished from this as well...
I think its pretty clear that shooting practice is not and never has been on Tis' agenda. You only have to look at how someone like Sercs hasn't developed or improved his shooting whatsoever. We have never been a side that scores a decent amount of long range goals. Tisdale I'm sure would rather someone played a square ball than have a dig.

FAN-TATIC

Ironic isn't it? We can't score and we are in a League where every team bar one outside the top six (Brentford +3) have minus goal differences. Our's being the worse at -17. Grim reading by no mistake!

Ironic isn't it? We can't score and we are in a League where every team bar one outside the top six (Brentford +3) have minus goal differences. Our's being the worse at -17. Grim reading by no mistake!
Sorry, but why is that ironic ?