• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United FC v Exeter City FC Matchday Thread

tom5984

Someone want to tell tis that you don't get any points for a superior possession percentage?

He needs to play a recognised striker or we'll just have a lot of shots off target and another loss. I'll go 2-0.

Although I would love to be eating my words, I very much doubt it. I'm never wrong.
Wish I put a bet on. See we had lots of shots off target too

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure that some very happy moaners on here tonight. Luckily I'm off to the rugby now and then out for the night.
I thought you were off to the rugger ?

:S

Phil Sayers

Don't worry: your fairy-tale post is far more worthy of patronisation than mine. It seems the problem is you don't want to accept the reality of what you yourself wrote. On what basis do you say that Boozer is one of our better players? Can you justify that with anything factual? Goals? Assists? MoM awards? And to say somebody is good when on form is pathetically and patently obvious. Of course somebody is good when on form : the question is, how often is that player on form? The master of the bleeding obvious..:cool:
I am perfectly aware of what I wrote. You seem to have trouble interpreting it but perhaps that is because you thought I meant far more sweeping praise than I actually stated and now I have pointed it out you are too stubbon to consider what was actually written.

With regards Bauza I can justify it with the evidence of my own eyes. He links play well, has good vision, a few tricks and a nice range of passing. Much like Basham when he was here but probably a bit more skillful. I can't be bothered to check but I reckon of the (limited) time he has been fit and available for us his goals to minutes ratio isn't bad. I should stress that all of those comments are in comparison with our other players rather than in absolute terms. Which players do you think we have that are better?

Now what I said about Nards was different. I stated there that he was a very dangerous player when on form. In his instance that is in comparison to the rest of the league rather than just our own players. Your comment about on form is noted (although you made a very similar one yourself!) but it is too simplistic. Not all players are good when on form as some simply aren't good enough in the first place so even when playing as well as they can aren't up to the required standard. Nards is not in that category.

That was all I was saying so I'm not sure where questions like 'how often is he on form?' really come into it. I can answer it if you want (hardly at all so far this season but he was for much of last year - give him a few games to properly get over his injury and I hope it will return) but it was not anything contained within my original post.

Last edited:

Poultice

Just sitting down with a lovely bowl of homemade leek and potato soup and some gorgeous crusty homemade bread, that really is all I have to say about the game.

MickStagraget

Again, we don't change managers regularly.

LL
That doesn't matter, the point is that just changing the manager is more likely to affect the team badly than it is postively, you're better off sitting tight for a bit and letting the guy in charge sort things out.

Grecian2K

Would never have thought taking crusties back home for tea was your style Poults, but hey ho. We were talking Colchester here - your gesture toward "charitable giving" for the festive season perhaps?

Grecian_Jay

Cheers City, 35 quid well earnt.

Oh and T*ssdale f*ck off will touch there's a good chap.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Just sitting down with a lovely bowl of homemade leek and potato soup and some gorgeous crusty homemade bread, that really is all I have to say about the game.
Often, 'simples' is the best (if not the obvious)
answer. Happy New Year Polly and may your erections burst forth!

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
That doesn't matter, the point is that just changing the manager is more likely to affect the team badly than it is postively, you're better off sitting tight for a bit and letting the guy in charge sort things out.
You bought up the subject of us allegedly chopping and changing managers. You even starting listing other teams (one which has won the premiership recently, another currently sitting top of it). Now that it doesn't back up your point you say it doesn't matter!

I reiterate, I am not calling for Tisdale's head, but at the present time, here and now, I won't be upset if he decided he'd gone as far as he can with us. If a new guy is to come in, he needs as much time as possible to get the season going. Tisdale has had half a season. A defeat on Monday and we're in the relegation zone. Whether a new manager will change the fortunes nobody knows. I would say its 50/50. However, should we suffer a defeat on Monday a new manager can't do any worse!

LL

flakey pasty

Sounds a great supper.