• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City vs Grimsby MDT 28/09/19

1burnm

I don't post on here very much although I do go to a fair amount of City games. Anyone else think that Bowman should have a little rest. I know he scored the goal and he is a muscular presence which helps the way the team build. He is also a well liked, wholehearted player. But two things go against him currently a) He doesn't win hardly ANYTHING in the air, and b) In the last 6 games he's scored 3 goals but the amount of decent chances hes missed is enormous. I would give Fisher a run, see if he can link up with Martin (I realise Martin doesnt really like playing up front as a two either). Bring Ryan on when the other team is tiring and won't want to see him. I just think Nicky Law with two runners in front of him would be (even) more dangerous, and to me Ryan looks a little bit one dimensional at present. Fisher has an aerial presence as he showed yesterday with the header that forced a great save and i think hes looked tidy on the ground whenever he has played. Maybe Im wrong but i feel a little change would help things although with two very tough games coming up this may not be the best time to change things.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
One peculiarity I think I noticed with HUxtable was he was calling our players by their first names. I am sure he was calling Sweeney over to him at one stage calling him Pierce. But as I say I thought apart from the Richardson incident he had a good game
Its not just Huxtable. A lot of refs speak to our players by their first names.

hardi2b

Ward

Sweeny A. Martin Parkes Sparks

Atangana

Taylor Law

Richardson Seymoure Williams​

This would be my team ......forget the long ball play it on the ground ( 19 - 20 yard passes) through the mid field

Last edited:

hardi2b

Oooops should read 5 - 20 yard passes - Fat fingers

Subs: L. Martin, Ajose , Bowman, Woodman, Maxted, Warren

Caveat Subject to fitness

Last edited:

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ward

Atangana

Taylor Law

This would be my team ......forget the long ball play it on the ground ( 19 - 20 yard passes) through the mid field
4 3 3 - marvellous! Totally agree about the long ball to a big man (Flack) or runner (Stansfield) - play it quickly and cleverly to a flexible front 3.
BTW why has Collins become a non person?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ward

Atangana

Taylor Law

No Moxey or Collins 2 of our strongest performers this season. That team would struggle in the checkatrade.

Stelios

Does anyone know where Lee Martin would actually like to play??? I'm a big fan of his but in interviews last season he always seems a bit miffed about where he was being asked to play. Is he doing it again this season? (I haven't seen anything).

One of my biggest gripes last season was listening to the radio commentary of home games and hearing "Exeter haven't really got going yet" or "Exeter are struggling to get a foot-hold in the game" after 30 minutes. This happened far too often. It felt like we were getting 'done' by teams who'd done a bit of homework on us. Or, for whatever reason we just never clicked into gear. Hopefully it's just a blip.

We're top of the league. We're at home. Decent crowd. Then...... meh.......

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I can't believe we're still top of the league!

Is everyone going to Crewe on Saturday? 2nd vs 1st.

Red Bill

Does anyone know where Lee Martin would actually like to play??? I'm a big fan of his but in interviews last season he always seems a bit miffed about where he was being asked to play. Is he doing it again this season? (I haven't seen anything).

One of my biggest gripes last season was listening to the radio commentary of home games and hearing "Exeter haven't really got going yet" or "Exeter are struggling to get a foot-hold in the game" after 30 minutes. This happened far too often. It felt like we were getting 'done' by teams who'd done a bit of homework on us. Or, for whatever reason we just never clicked into gear. Hopefully it's just a blip.

Maybe front of a midfield diamond?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

He said in an interview on DL 2 or 3 days ago that he was playing a bit too far forward for his preference.