• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City vs Grimsby MDT 28/09/19

scottus86

Jay has shown he can do a job however who are you dropping to bring him in ?
I wouldn't have him in the starting line up, but this game was calling out for his terrier like work rate in the second half. I'd have brought him on for Lee Martin instead of Seymour who I'm not sure is quite ready yet.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brilliant start to the season and I've watched us play some great football. So we lose our first game? We weren't going to go unbeaten all season so it means nothing really. Was it Sweeney who said what matters far more is how we deal with that first defeat? Still top of the league. Geddon city.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I wouldn't be surprised if anyone waited after the game to give him abuse, the whole big bank yet again was fuming with the c**t!
I did but the a$$banana didn't shown up ! This person should be withdrawn from any type of football game and I'm thinking down to under 8's

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I once saw Huxtable in Bideford with an Argyle shirt on.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I once saw Huxtable in Bideford with an Argyle shirt on.
Do they do fat barstwerd in football shirts down there ?

Thinking about it they must do or Porkus wouldn't fit into them !

Last edited:

Red Devon

Can’t blame Huxtable for that....such honesty from MT post match flat, slow and sluggish apart from the opening 10 minutes of the second half, There were several half chances that we should have made more of like in previous games...probably time to give Seymour a go as I believe he’s more of a natural finisher than Bowman and Martin he gives the impression he has a nose for goals..agree with the Tom Parkes MoM award real juggernaut of a performance....overall I’m obviously delighted with the start we’ve made but feel it could quickly slip away unless we become more clinical in front of goal.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought Huxtable had an okay game particularly compared to what we have had recently. I thought Deano was lucky to stay on the pitch after giving away the penalty as their player was through on goal. I can't comment on the Richardson incident as couldn't see it from the NOG

Whilst the first half was poor and Grimsby were up for the match (more so thanwe were anyway) we should have gone in 1-1 or even 2-1 up with Law attempt straight at the defender and the cross at the death of the half which just eluded everyone. I should also mention that the writing was on the wall with Deano in the first half when he messed up and allowed their player through, thank heaven for Parkes(I think)

Second half we came out on fire, but when we didn't score in that period you had a feeling that it wouldn't be our day, Deano then performed again to give them the penalty and as I say thought he was lucky to stay on the pitch, we were caught on the break for the third.

One peculiarity I think I noticed with HUxtable was he was calling our players by their first names. I am sure he was calling Sweeney over to him at one stage calling him Pierce. But as I say I thought apart from the Richardson incident he had a good game

STURTZ

Have no issue with Huxtable, Grimsby were simply much better than us.
They cut out the threat down the flanks and our central strikers weren't capable of creating much on their own.
We've been successful this season by keeping a strong. defence, inviting teams on to us and hitting them on the break. Grimsby proved better than us at the same tactic.
They scored first with a good goal which they'd obviously practised. After that we had to go at them and suffered the results of getting caught at the back without creating too much ourselves.
The Grimsby midfield was on top for most of the game and we lacked ideas and ability. Time to think again.

dontpassback

After that first half display,we got what we deserved,nothing,Grimsby have a good manager and are organised and took their chances,to be fair they didn’t get all Wycombe after they took the lead and although huxtable booked loads of players it wasn’t a dirty game,I thought it was a penalty and I don’t rate huxtable at all and apart from missing the penalty and being his normal look at me I’m the ref posturing I don’t think we can blame his incompetence for us loosing the match,however we are still top and the unbeaten run had to come sooner than later,so it’s onwards to Crewe and let’s see how we go UTC !

Exehausted

I know that I will get a lot of abuse for saying this, but Huxtable wasn't anywhere near as bad as the Ref against Orient. We were the better side until they scored with their first shot on target. People around me didn't think it was a corner but we were on the halfway line so can't be sure. He was right to play on when Collins was fouled and as the law stands he had to send him to the touchline, a rule that I have always felt was ludicrous. Our player gets fouled but we are reduced to 10 men. He then rightly booked their player but because Archie was off the pitch when the corner was taken they had a man free and to be fair he buried it, no chance for Lewis. Their penalty was nailed on, no arguments there. Again from my seat it looked like the ball crossed the line in the big scramble, but what do people on the Bank think? The penalty shout seemed a certainty and the lino should have given it. The big mistake he made was not booking their player for a wicked tackle on Williams and then booked one of ours a few minutes later for a challenge I didn't think was a foul. The positives for me was we never gave up. I wasn't surprised Matt brought on Richardson at half time, it was just that it should have been for Randell. He left Deano exposed on the left when Jack had kept that side tight in the first half. Overall I really think we were much better than the score suggested and Parkes was rightfully MOM.