• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City fans everywhere - where your shirt while shopping on Saturdays

thermopylai

Whenever i see someone walking about town in a football shirt i i tend to automatically think, what a c*ck.
We are obviously always outnumbered by Man United and Chelsea, very depressing, and I do tend to have a polite disscusion of 'why the hell do you support them?' which ends up with them not really knowing why....
I think there is a link between these two observations. Many wear footy shirts as fashion items and don't actually go to games. Knowing nothing about football they tend to go for what they think is the "fashionable" team. Of course, the marketting buffoons who run, own and personify the likes of Manure will tell the media that all those who buy shirts are "true" fans, and that they are the best supported club in the world blah blah blah.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Last few seasons we have had a range of casual wear with the ECFC crest, or some reference to ECFC on it.....polos, sweatshirts, jackets, etc. Some of it has been good, some not so good, but it has always been a reasonable and acceptable alternative to actual football shirts.

It would be nice to think that we will see a decent range of such items in the "club" shop and in Tony Pryce in the weeks to come...but somehow, I'm not holding my breath. :(

Last few seasons we have had a range of casual wear with the ECFC crest, or some reference to ECFC on it.....polos, sweatshirts, jackets, etc. Some of it has been good, some not so good, but it has always been a reasonable and acceptable alternative to actual football shirts.

It would be nice to think that we will see a decent range of such items in the "club" shop and in Tony Pryce in the weeks to come...but somehow, I'm not holding my breath. :(
I'm with Pete on this one, it looks so much classier to wear a cub branded item rather that a replica shirt on a non match day. But on the day wear your club colours with pride!!!

Last edited:
Saw 2 arg*le shirts in town today :mad: bloody nerve!! :D But then i did see 2 people with City shirts on.... 2-2!

Saw a hot City fan on my train today but she didnt have a top on, thats a city top rather than no top at all;)

grecianfaniow

I lived pompey most of my adult life before coming to the IOW always wear my city shirt i get no stick as everyone knows I supports Exeter, some try and take the ****, especially in our darker years.

Most of my mates are pompey fans and last seasons shirts are near identical to southamptons lol so i did get a few raised eyebrows whilst in pompey visiting, but my tattoos give it away a little bit.. no mistaking ECFC :)

Oh had to serve a f*cking gargoyle in my shop the other day with gritted teeth, wearing a rugby plymouth argyle top grrrr. [G]

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw 2 arg*le shirts in town today :mad: bloody nerve!! :D But then i did see 2 people with City shirts on.... 2-2!
saw a kid in an argyle shirt in lyme a few weeks back. but puzzles me if im in exeter city centre rarely see anyone with a city shirt on. more often than not its a premier league shirt

teign_grecian

Oddly, both me and Mrs TG are wearing our City shirts today....in fact thee wife has just done a sponsored abseil off a 100ft church tower in hers! Never enough City shirts seen around IMO

St George

Wore my black city shirt at the birth of my second son last sunday morning, in a rush to leave for the hospital it was the only top that didn't need ironing!

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, football shirts make you look like a chav when your not at the football.
Whenever i see someone walking about town in a football shirt i i tend to automatically think, what a c*ck.

I only tend to think this about plastics who never go with prem shirts on, a bit different with City shirts methinks. It pleases me when I walk around Exeter seeing the occasional City shirt being worn on a non matchday and must admit I will wear mine on the odd occasion. It doesnt make me a chav or a c*ck though.

Last edited:

Citysupporter2099

Saw a guy wearing a plymo*th shirt the other day and my little daughter started to pretend she was being sick in front of him.

Made me chuckle, so she got extra pudding for tea ;)