• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City fans everywhere - where your shirt while shopping on Saturdays

Thames Valley Red

Lets start wearing your shirts on Saturday's where ever you may be. I have done it for years. It was great today to be in Banbury shopping and find a fellow Grecian wearing his new top walking towards me. We both had the new tops on!

So make a special effort and wear your shirt or merchandise with pride across the British Isles!

UTC

TVR

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not wise when working in Portmouth, I can assure you TVR!! :(
(Well, not the home one, anyway)

Last edited:

hienzeECFC

No, football shirts make you look like a chav when your not at the football.
Whenever i see someone walking about town in a football shirt i i tend to automatically think, what a c*ck.

Last edited:

brightongrecian

nor brighton. been called a scummer many times...

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
We both had the new tops on!
You mean some people have actually bought then? Blimey.

Lister

My shirt is in my wardrobe when i'm out shopping.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thats a weird coincidence.Didnt see this thread, but decided to wear my City shirt for the saturday morning shopping trip.

Last edited:
Living near Dursley, Working in Cheltenham
I would like to see an improvement on this front. What with having a weekend job at tesco I get to see a selection of football shirts. Last sunday there were more leeds united shirts than exeter ones. We are obviously always outnumbered by Man United and Chelsea, very depressing, and I do tend to have a polite disscusion of 'why the hell do you support them?' which ends up with them not really knowing why....

loobygrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Saw 2 arg*le shirts in town today :mad: bloody nerve!! :D But then i did see 2 people with City shirts on.... 2-2!

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Saw someone in Winchester last year, gave them a nod, they looked at me quizically and nodded.

Only once they walked past me and i turned round did i spot there was no Tribute logo on the back, and they were in fact wearing a southampton shirt. identical i swear.