• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City fans everywhere - where your shirt while shopping on Saturdays

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't go shopping on Saturdays.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't go shopping on Saturdays.
I only do Tesco. Occasional forays in to town. Wear my City Polo shirt sometimes, but no way am I wearing my City shirt in Aldershot. We're up there with Reading and Woking on the dislike list!

Last edited:

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Your plastic observation/generalisation is based on you seeing them in Exeter

Err no its not ^o)

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Err no its not ^o)
It's not really relevant where you see them. I just assumed you were talking about Exeter.

The second part of my original sentence (which you didn't quote), is the more pertinent.

Red Lion

I barred one of son's friends from coming in the house a year or so ago as he was an Argyle shirt. He thought I was joking at first until my son explained to him that I was serious.
My wife keeps dragging the episode up as if I acted unreasonably.
You want to nip that in the bud mate, tell her straight that you have most definitely got the moral high ground.

Red Lion

just out of interest, when people refer to plastic fans, do they mean anyone who wears a premiership clubs top? or the idiots that wear them at sjp? Because to be fair, i have friends who, as disgusted as i am at them for beibg them, are manu fans but do make regular trips to OT and away games... In fact they probably make more trips to games than i do to city games...
I give them lots of abuse for being glory hunters but in their defence they have supported them all their life and regularily go to games... Does that still make them plastic?

kind off the point from the original post but still!
For me, if they attend the home matches of the team they support they can't be plastic.
I had to laugh at the BB's chant at the Spurs fans on Wednesday; "You've never been to London!"

I always remember in Man U's treble season, someone on radio 5 said "If Man U win tonight they'll be dancing in the streets in Dagenham"!

greenawayr

I live in Saltash, my City Centre would be Plymouth.

I won't be wearing my City shirt around town on a Saturday, or any time.

I understand the monkeys can identify an Exeter City shirt as bad and will throw stones.

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
wore my shirt over the weekend - why does that make me a chav or c*ck??

BTW i was in Cornwall too :)

TimG

i wear my shirt whenever i get the chance. Its a shame we dont get to many around bristol, i have only ever seen another city shirt once and that was me and this one guy watching the play off semi against torquay in a pub, Great memories

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
You see loads more people wearing City shirts now in Exeter on match days and on non-match days than you did 10 years ago. It all seemed to start with our drop into the Conference.