• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

City bidding for Simon Royce

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
You are taking the ****, aren't you, Pete?
I think Pete has talked himself into a corner with the keeper issue and now doesn't feel able to retract the negative regardless of any evidence you might put in front him that points to the opposite. Shame really.

Poultice

this makes me despair. the idea of signing royce suggests that jones may be on his way. i can only hope this isn't true...
I make you right but I don't despair, Royce is a decent keeper and Jonesy is apparently destined for bigger things, the reasons escape me but there you go, Jonesy most certainly has some game but IMHO is still well short of the full ticket.

Not sure why Royce is taking such a beating on here, has always looked solid to me and I would suggest that many aspects of his game are well in front of Jonesy.

Ex-Mascot

Ex Mascot is a Gillingham fan who would love to see a swap deal.
Quite true I am a first-and-foremost Gills fan, but as those who know me will testify I also follow the Grecians (and hope they win 44 league games next season)

Would like Roycey to stay at Gills, but wouldn't mind a swap

Don't reckon there's much between them to be honest having watched them both several times last season

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do what I have done and put him on ignore.

He is the only City fan I have on there but it is richly deserved
How do you put someone on ignore???

And for the record, Jonah won't be going anywhere, this next season, apart from all the away days as a Grecian

city_red

Haven't we got higher priorities than this?
Nowhere near Jonah's class

PeteUSA

Press Ctrl and F4. Works everytime.

Bittners a Legend

Quite true I am a first-and-foremost Gills fan, but as those who know me will testify I also follow the Grecians (and hope they win 44 league games next season)

Would like Roycey to stay at Gills, but wouldn't mind a swap

Don't reckon there's much between them to be honest having watched them both several times last season
Obviously we won't swap. When Jonah leaves it will be somewhere much bigger and better than Gillingham with all due respect. Royce is a very decent keeper though and if we didn't have Jonah I'd be happy to have him at ECFC.

Ex-Mascot

For the record (I think) Jonah kept 15 clean sheets in 46 league games last term, while Royce kept 18 clean sheets in the 45 league games he played

Fairly comparable records, and both quite impressive

Ironically the Gills fans seem to think Royce is a good shot stopper but worry about his kicking! Sound familiar?

(no offence taken BaL)

Last edited:

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

And for the record, Jonah won't be going anywhere, this next season, apart from all the away days as a Grecian
go into your profile (top right), then on the left is an option to edit the ignore list ..

Go in there and type the name of the person you want to ignore ..

I did it when Kirtongrecian was an active poster ...

rich13

How would it be a swap deal? Royce out of contract and free, Jones would cost big