• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christy Pym

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
How far from Arizona is La La Land?
Is that the best you can due to keep the argumentative theme running? Loading the gun and letting somebody else fire it springs to mind.

Matt Russell

Is that the best you can due to keep the argumentative theme running? Loading the gun and letting somebody else fire it springs to mind.
You argue that black is white................and then the next day argue that white is black. You refuse to answer any questions that arise from either position. Is it the best that I can do? For the moment "yes" but I'm expecting a flying pig to come past my window to help me out very soon. let me know when you send him/her/it.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think one of the main reasons that City have turned things around so radically is Christy Pym making the first choice for keeper spot his very own. I doubt if Olejnik will be selected again barring injury, and even then I suspect Hamon would be next in line.

Conceding so few goals in the consecutive games he's played is admirable, and I hope things work out for him after an 'iffy' spell involving Tisdale (allegedly) last season, and some questionable keeping earlier this season. He's obviously turned the corner so to speak, and I think his mindset and positive influence spreads throughout the entire team.

For anyone who considers me to be a Pym basher, you should know that I was asked my opinion of his ability long before he got anywhere near playing for City. Based on the evidence I had, I reported that he was short in stature, but given the age that he was four or five years ago, that was no big deal. Male adults dont stop growing until they're 21. I further suggested his reactions and acrobatic ability more than made up for any stature issue. Apart from his height at that time, I could see no reason why he wouldnt make the grade in the football league. His goalkeeping was exemplory in all aspects.

That was my Pym take four or five years ago, nothings changed. He has issues a bit to work on during an actual game, such as decision making coming off his line (or not), and I'd like him to face up to an oncoming forward with more commitment, but by and large he's very nearly there.
Mr PeteUSA my post #671 in no way criticises you it is just pointing out the Irony that in your post #670 you say you don't bang on about Pym's height yet in your post #1 reproduced here again and for the avoidance of doubt the highlighted sentence mentions his height - and I dread to think how many other times it is mentioned between #1 and this one - that is all

ps I am still looking for my Nuts !!

Last edited:

Ash

When I was asked my opinion of Pym back when he would have been 16 or so, my immediate response was that he was extremely agile, with extraordinary reaction to shots in general. The only thing I pointed out which was obvious at that time was that he wasnt tall enough to be a keeper, although I further added that given his age at that time he should grow more between then and the age of 21. Obviously he has grown, but I dont believe he's any taller than 5'9" at this time; theres no conceivable way he's 6'0" tall! There; for the very first time Bill just for you, I've mentioned his height, I dont know where you're finding me "banging on" about that topic on here, since theres nothing whatever he can do about it. I know a 6'0" keeper when I see one, and he's not it. He appears to have bulked up somewhat of late, but that makes no difference to his height.
You are wrong. Simple as that really. I'm 5' 8" (1m 73cm) and I've stood next to him a few times. He's a LOT taller than me. I can't work out if you're delusional, on the wind up or just plain stupid.

jrg333

You are wrong. Simple as that really. I'm 5' 8" (1m 73cm) and I've stood next to him a few times. He's a LOT taller than me. I can't work out if you're delusional, on the wind up or just plain stupid.
I can't believe quite how many posts have been dedicated to discussing Pym's height...

...having said that (rofl) if Pym's 6' then I must be about 6'4". He's a fair bit shorter than me and last time I checked I was 6'1". I'd say Pym is 5'10" or 5'11" at most.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd say Pym is 5'10" or 5'11" at most.
Let's just settle on 5' 10½" (1.79 metres), which would also chime with my personal experience of standing next to him.

budegrecian

Can we just settle on ' he's an excellent goal keeper' ?

Spoonz Red E

If he extends his contract and we then try and get a transfer fee for him will we be selling him short?

STURTZ

Can we just settle on ' he's an excellent goal keeper' ?
adding the caveat "With no particular height issues".

Oliver

If he extends his contract and we then try and get a transfer fee for him will we be selling him short?
Depends on the length of contract he wants, and is he a high earner ?