• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christy Pym

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gloves thrown to the crowd at the end of today's game.

All the best for the future Christy. Unless you go to MK or Argyle, natch.

andrew p long

Whatever other posters say he will be very difficult to replace in the summer. Particularly as we will get no money for him.
Absolutely right. When you look at howlers made recently by world class keepers, you have to admire Christy’s consistency. Very few out and out mistakes. It won’t be far into next season before someone on Exeweb says ‘Pym would have saved that’

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

I caught one! Did the decent thing and passed on to a youngster!

Just how poor was the FGR keeper, thankful for Pym.

Stelios

He's an excellent solid keeper at this level and will be missed. Often taken for granted until Hamon takes his place and then we're counting the minutes until he's available again.

Seemed to let a few slip past easily this season though (not howlers) just "could the keeper have done better there?" type goals

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster

Hopefully he will get a good move to a Club at a higher level where he can continue to develop and prosper. Not too bothered if it is MK Dons because they and Tisdale are now literally out of our league and we can leave him to get on with things knowing that nothing he does, at least for one season, can have any effect on us.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

He's set for Hibernian and good luck to him.

Stelios

Thank you for doing this. Nothing worse than watching adults take shirts/gloves from players when there are kids around them.

That kid will treasure that glove for years to come (or he might just flog 'em on eBay). But in all seriousness, nice one (y)

PeteUSA

Going to Ipswich. Probably a good decision now we won't be playing the same division as them next season.
If he's going to Ipswich, I'd hardly say thats an upwards career move. They're adrift at the bottom of the Championship with certain relegation looming, and they have Bartosz Bialkowski as obvious first choice. He's the current Poland first choice and he signed a new three year deal in 2018. Their backup keeper Gerken is no slouch ether. I think our young man needs to rethink that possible move unless he's up for possible benchwarming in League 1.

grecIAN Harris

I'd suggest that there are probably some relegation release clauses in those contracts Pete and Ipswich will be looking to build a team that is fit for the purpose of getting out of League 1 back to he Championship.

Grecian_Nick

Thank you Hants - that was my son and he was very grateful. Even better the person who caught the other one saw what you had done and did the same so he has the pair. Size 8.5 if anyone's interested...

Stelios - no chance by parental order!