• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Christy Pym

burtiew

Last I checked Topsham is a part of Exeter, no greater than Exwick, Whipton or Newtown.

[heads for the hills before the chino mafia get me for such heresy]
Brave man! But, back to point ... Christy Pym. He was left out of the squad last night and there was a cryptic comment about Bristol City ... what's going on??

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Brave man! But, back to point ... Christy Pym. He was left out of the squad last night and there was a cryptic comment about Bristol City ... what's going on??
I think it was carefully laid bait to lure in Pate.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting in Matt's post match comments last night he mentions another cleansheet (for Jame Hamon) in the chekatrade and that we need to pick up some more in the league. Is Christy's spot under threat I wonder?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting in Matt's post match comments last night he mentions another cleansheet (for Jame Hamon) in the chekatrade and that we need to pick up some more in the league. Is Christy's spot under threat I wonder?
I think we may occasionally read too much into what MT says. For example on a previous occasion of a Hamon clean sheet, MT said he needed Hamon to be ready for first team football ‘in case Christy gets injured’. I read this as a clear indication of the pecking order...but the above quote is slightly different.

Having said that no-one is guaranteed their place and it is good to have two competent keepers.

PeteUSA

Well, our boy had an excellent game today, easily his best of the season; came off of the line to punch crosses repeatedly. I dont quite no where he was in relation to their goal, but I couldnt pinpoint any fault. Top performance!

Langer

It would appear someone's account has been hacked.

Colesman Ballz

Some glowing appreciation on PV forums.

PeteUSA

Some glowing appreciation on PV forums.
And quite rightly. He came off of his line for pretty much everything that in past times he'd have been rooted to his line for. He had one hiccup on 66 minutes when he flapped and missed, but luckily a City defender cleared. An excellent all round performance.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dont quite no where he was in relation to their goal, but I couldnt pinpoint any fault. Top performance!
Proving (yet again) that watching goal highlights on tv doesn't give you the complete picture.

PeteUSA

Proving (yet again) that watching goal highlights on tv doesn't give you the complete picture.
Generally true, Super Ron: But you can pretty soon work out gafs (or not) by playing the clip in question in Slo-mo or using freeze-frame. Port Vales goal on saturday needs to be played over and over to see what happened; it turns out that Stockley headed a ball away that Pym would have claimed easily, given the way he'd competently dealt with crosses throughout that game. Was there a shout from Pym? we'll never know, but in any event that was a lousy attempt at a clearance by Stockley.