• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chris Weale departs

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hahahaha this comment is maybe the best I've read on here.
Hahahahaha idiot! What exactly do you perceive the role of GK coach entails? You think the issue is funny; what does a GK coach do exactly? particularly in the case of Weale, who it turns out is only a trainee coach himself!

PeteUSA

I'm not sure we've had a great return on the investment over recent seasons...You could argue that Pym has turned into an average lower league keeper (no more in my opinion) and seemingly Hamon went into reverse.
And have a read of Malcs sensible post about about how useful a GK coach has been in recent times. No wonder Weale has been dispensed with!

Grecian2K

seemingly Harman went into reverse.
Never realised that Christie had ever even met the honourable member for Camberwell.& Peckham?

J-Han

Hahahahaha idiot! What exactly do you perceive the role of GK coach entails? You think the issue is funny; what does a GK coach do exactly? particularly in the case of Weale, who it turns out is only a trainee coach himself!
Yes, everybody but you knows what a GK coach does it would seem. If it wasn't obvious enough already, there's this site on the internet called Google and if you search "goalkeeper coach" you will find the information you need. :D

Colesman Ballz

I'm not sure we've had a great return on the investment over recent seasons...You could argue that Pym has turned into an average lower league keeper (no more in my opinion) and seemingly Harman went into reverse.
Who is this Harman chap, never heard of him, let alone seen him play ? :S

J-Han

I think he means Dietmar Hamann.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Is his wife called Monica ?

PeteUSA

Yes, everybody but you knows what a GK coach does it would seem. If it wasn't obvious enough already, there's this site on the internet called Google and if you search "goalkeeper coach" you will find the information you need. :D
Whats the joke ****head? I dont want any information, I'm asking you if you have any idea. What exactly do you think a GK coach does?

Ash

Whats the joke ****head? I dont want any information, I'm asking you if you have any idea. What exactly do you think a GK coach does?
I try not to be insulting on public forums, but sometimes it's soooo hard. You make yourself sound like a total tit with comments like these. There is a dedicated FA GK coaching qualification at levels 1 through 4, the last of which is equivalent to a UEFA A licence. Do you think they run them just for a laugh? Or maybe goalkeepers just get better on their own? I'm not saying Weale was particularly good or bad as I have no idea regarding his skill level, but it is a necessary and important position within any professional football club and your suggestion that it's not important, at a time when we'll be bringing in at least two new goalkeepers is, quite frankly, ludicrous.

IndoMike

As Angus said in one of his "I bumped into Matt Taylor" posts (which always seems to happen around recruitment time), we need a good, experienced keeper who is past his best but still good for Div 2 who we can pay a salary and a bit more to for coaching the youngster. Of course the youngster needs a coach ! Not good for motivation to be left on the sidelines like a plastic bag thrown in the river. If the top keepers need a coach you can be sure a Div 2 needs one.