• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chris Weale departs

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
We dont need a dedicated GK coach, particularly at our level; A waste of money. You cant coach a keeper like you can a bunch of outfield players. I dont understand how a coach in that department works anyway, particularly when according to the OS article, Weale was a trainee himself? He was learning the ropes (whatever that might entail) FFS.
"Hey, young up and coming keeper. Fancy coming to play for Exeter City? We have no goalkeeping coach so no one to bother you with all that development bollox. You can consistently **** up and not learn from it and no one cares."

Sounds great to me.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Hey, young up and coming keeper. Fancy coming to play for Exeter City? We have no goalkeeping coach so no one to bother you with all that development bollox. You can consistently **** up and not learn from it and no one cares."

Sounds great to me.
Don't be silly. Just point the youngster to Exeweb and our resident guru.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Sounds great to me.
Hahaha great response Martin

Positive spin

Who's going to put forward the obvious replacement, and do we start a crowd funding scheme to pay for the flight over here
No need to fly him over he could coach our keeper by video link

PeteUSA

I would too. And as I've said before I wouldnt charge like Neville Southall does/did!

Stelios

Slightly concerned the Cat & Fiddle training ground is slowly starting to resemble the Overlook Hotel from The Shining with Matt Taylor stalking the empty premises being haunted by the coaches, physios and managers from the past.

"All work and no play makes Matt a dull boy"

With you all the way Matty (y)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
We dont need a dedicated GK coach, particularly at our level; A waste of money. You cant coach a keeper like you can a bunch of outfield players. I dont understand how a coach in that department works anyway......

J-Han

Sounds great to me.
Hahahaha this comment is maybe the best I've read on here.

*Tips hat*

fred binneys head

Make sure the camera is facing the cowshed.

malcolms

We dont need a dedicated GK coach, particularly at our level; A waste of money. You cant coach a keeper like you can a bunch of outfield players. I dont understand how a coach in that department works anyway......
I'm not sure we've had a great return on the investment over recent seasons...You could argue that Pym has turned into an average lower league keeper (no more in my opinion) and seemingly Harman went into reverse.