• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cameron's dereliction of duty

IBA

accept Ant Moxey , Cameron didn't really have a choice.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Give people a choice.
People make 'wrong' choice.
People blame person who gave them a choice.

People are f***ing stupid.
Assuming you fall into the human category, which I agree requires a certain eap of faith, then you must be "fu..." stupid too. We elect govts to make the hard choices, and then we hold them accountable if they screw up. Calling for a referendum is in itself a dereliction of duty. Do you think we should rule by referendum for every issue?

Antony Moxey

I haven't blamed anyone. I accept that people will make different choices to me and accept that if more people disagree with my choices than agree with my choices that that's what have to work with.

It's typical of the stupid to wail endlessly when they don't get their way on everything they want, and equally typical for them to declare that it's not fair and the other side must be stupid when they lose a democratic vote. I voted remain, I lost, now I have to get on with it and try and make that work. It's up to you to decide wether you need a leap of faith to determine whether that makes me human or not, but if that's the best argument you can come up with then I'm not entirely sure who the stupid one is here.

IndoMike

I haven't blamed anyone. I accept that people will make different choices to me and accept that if more people disagree with my choices than agree with my choices that that's what have to work with.

It's typical of the stupid to wail endlessly when they don't get their way on everything they want, and equally typical for them to declare that it's not fair and the other side must be stupid when they lose a democratic vote. I voted remain, I lost, now I have to get on with it and try and make that work. It's up to you to decide wether you need a leap of faith to determine whether that makes me human or not, but if that's the best argument you can come up with then I'm not entirely sure who the stupid one is here.
Do you think it is a dereliction of duty by Cameron to announce immediately after the referendum that he was resigning? He is the one who has thrown his toys out of the pram, isn't he?

Swanaldo

The Act that set up the referendum makes no mention of what should happen at the end http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/36/contents/enacted

I can't find any other Act (I'm no expert on this matter) covering what should happen after any referendum. I guess there are no legal precedents either.

I spent ten minutes trying to find the relevant law, but couldn't quite pin it down. If one of you clever types can point to it or paste the wording here it would be a benefit.

Antony Moxey

Do you think it is a dereliction of duty by Cameron to announce immediately after the referendum that he was resigning? He is the one who has thrown his toys out of the pram, isn't he?
No and no.

IndoMike

No and no.
OK. That's clear enough..

Alistair20000

Do you think we should rule by referendum for every issue?
Leaving aside your spat with Ant (I was wondering if we needed to send a gunboat :)) do you think there are any circumstances in which a Referendum should be called Michael ?

IndoMike

Leaving aside your spat with Ant (I was wondering if we needed to send a gunboat :)) do you think there are any circumstances in which a Referendum should be called Michael ?
No, they should all be called Alistair.

IndoMike

.......one little comma can make so much difference.