• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge United vs Exeter City - Match Day Thread.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Setting off shortly. Need to get at least a draw, but it's not going to be easy at the Abbey Stadium.

Jason's preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/04/05/next-up-cambridge-utd-vs-exeter-city/

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do we generally get a lot of travelling City fans show up at Cambridge? Its not a terribly horrendous trip like some is it?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

grecIAN Harris

Do we generally get a lot of travelling City fans show up at Cambridge? Its not a terribly horrendous trip like some is it?
Have you ever been there from down here Pete? M5, M4, M25 ,A1 or M5 all the way up to Birmingham and then back down the M6 and then 'A' roads for the rest of the way and 500 mile plus round trip whichever way you go or four hours on the train.

Temporarily Exiled

Have you ever been there from down here Pete? M5, M4, M25 ,A1 or M5 all the way up to Birmingham and then back down the M6 and then 'A' roads for the rest of the way and 500 mile plus round trip whichever way you go or four hours on the train.
Beats my trip for this one. 3 hours by coach, 50 minutes by metro, 2 hours by plane, 30 minutes by train, and then a decent walk to the station.

Last edited:

ExeterCityLad

It's a horrible trip either via car or public transport. Do normally get a decent amount there though considering that.

Stockley and Simpson both used to play for Cambridge so I reckon both will score. UTC

PeteUSA

Christ! I didnt realise it was that bad! I used to deliver and collect cars from all over the UK for Hertz, I got it into my head that it wasnt to bad a drive. I think I was mixing it up with Oxford.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
At the risk of sounding like yer dad, you would have to be mental to go to Brum, get on the M6 and go on to Cambridge from there. Don't do it.

suffolklad

Advice
The road works north of Cambridge A14 are horrendous. My advice would be M5, M4, M25, M11, A14 to the East Cambridge Junction and then straight into The Abbey stadium, Hope to see you there.

Legohead

Banned
I went last year but i was coming from the north down the M1 then across to the A14 (which was horrendous back then too with traffic and roadworks and nearly made me late) into Cambridge.

There were a fair few of us there last year. The terrace section that runs along the side of the pitch was pretty much full give or take a few gaps at the end and there were a few fans in the seats too so i reckoned about 500? That game was also in April i recall and we were in a similar position in terms of trying to cement a play off spot.