• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge United vs Exeter City - Match Day Thread.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
a brief moment of phone obsession is forgiven.)
I was updating this thread! Honest.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Think I've got ya.

Grecian2K

For the unalloyed joy and delight that your timely late-game posts brought to us absentees you are forgiven, my son. (y)

Red Bill

I’m a trust member and I wasn’t aware of a vote on tisdales contract. To me it felt like the motion was brought at a meeting where proxy votes were collected to vote to terminate Tisdale’s contract but no fair warning was given to the trust collective for proxy votes to be made in favour of keeping Tisdale. I certainly felt like I wasn’t asked to vote on it. I don’t know if that’s due to poor communication from the trust or because I didn’t understand that a vote to terminate his contract was up. If anyone has got the communication record of the trust around this vote (email, link from website), I’d love to see it.

If my opinion on communication is true (don’t know if it is yet) than that gives a massive up yours to people who can’t attend the meetings. As my username sugggestions, I live in London and can’t afford to travel down for home games. I may as well give up being a memeber of the trust if I am not being told significant events and voting on issues such as putting the manager on notice.

And Indo of course people now say it’s to do with the rolling contract but no one was clamouring for it to be terminated when results were ok, it was only after a run of bad results due to loads of injuries that the ‘rolling’ contract became a issue. As I said on the Tisdale article thread, there was no plan going forward. No contract was offered at the time because people were grumbling about tisdales performance. And he’s proved all the doubters wrong since that vote. Of course he now has every right to ask for a increased salary or longer years because since that roller we’ve had automatic promotion form for 18 months. We even sold Watkins and wheeler in that time and had an overhaul of tactics to meet the demands of the opposition, the pitch at sjp etc. Correct me if I’m wrong but Tisdale has often been criticised for being to stubborn with his tactics. I don’t see a refusal to change tactics this season, I see foresight to know that pitch at sjp would be bobbly and slow and not helpful to a short passing style.
All the motions were publicised on the Trust website well before the AGM as are the rules re proxy voting. I'm pretty sure they were also sent out by post to all members along with the voting forms for the election. The motion also had its own thread (or was least part of an AGM thread) here on exweb, started by Doug Gillard who tabled the motion. As I've said recently on another thread, the Trust is all of us (members) not just the TB, but it seems some members aren't happy unless they're spoon fed everything. All the information was clearly available on he website, if people want to be involved as members, sometimes they need to put a little effort in themselves.

And yes there were people clamouring for his contract to be terminated before the beginning of last season. I took a proposal to call for a ballot on his future to a TB meeting myself 18 months before. The responses to my research beforehand suggested there was indeed more than a little support for his removal let alone a mere change of contract.

IndoMike

I’m a trust member and I wasn’t aware of a vote on tisdales contract. To me it felt like the motion was brought at a meeting where proxy votes were collected to vote to terminate Tisdale’s contract but no fair warning was given to the trust collective for proxy votes to be made in favour of keeping Tisdale. I certainly felt like I wasn’t asked to vote on it. I don’t know if that’s due to poor communication from the trust or because I didn’t understand that a vote to terminate his contract was up. If anyone has got the communication record of the trust around this vote (email, link from website), I’d love to see it.

If my opinion on communication is true (don’t know if it is yet) than that gives a massive up yours to people who can’t attend the meetings. As my username sugggestions, I live in London and can’t afford to travel down for home games. I may as well give up being a memeber of the trust if I am not being told significant events and voting on issues such as putting the manager on notice.

And Indo of course people now say it’s to do with the rolling contract but no one was clamouring for it to be terminated when results were ok, it was only after a run of bad results due to loads of injuries that the ‘rolling’ contract became a issue. As I said on the Tisdale article thread, there was no plan going forward. No contract was offered at the time because people were grumbling about tisdales performance. And he’s proved all the doubters wrong since that vote. Of course he now has every right to ask for a increased salary or longer years because since that roller we’ve had automatic promotion form for 18 months. We even sold Watkins and wheeler in that time and had an overhaul of tactics to meet the demands of the opposition, the pitch at sjp etc. Correct me if I’m wrong but Tisdale has often been criticised for being to stubborn with his tactics. I don’t see a refusal to change tactics this season, I see foresight to know that pitch at sjp would be bobbly and slow and not helpful to a short passing style.
I can only refer you to Bill's post above. I didn't vote on anything connected with Tisdale but yes I did think that a rolling contract on presumably a very good salary was a financial risk for the club. Football managers constantly must prove that they can get results: it's a stress they all have to handle. If Tis does well and the CB and TB are happy with
his performance and attitude they can give him another 2 -year contract. If not then he must leave. It's quite simple, standard and the way it is in a competitive, result-oriented business.
i see no problem at all with any of that.

geoffwp

The bloke sitting pensively beside 2 kids, or the guy with black sweater and cap, or the guy with white/grey sweater, or the side view of the hair challenged bloke?
I was just having a laugh really mate as it was Tis who was mainframe at that point.:D

IndoMike

I was just having a laugh really mate as it was Tis who was mainframe at that point.:D
Ooooh. And to think I gave up 10 minutes of my life trying to find you. Geoffrey Out!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I dislike people who bring up old match day threads, but please bear with me, as I think fans who were there might want to fill in the Cambridge Utd survey

http://www.cambridgefansunited.org/how-did-we-do-away-fans.html

I've predictably whinged about not being given the standing terrace!

Last edited: