• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

milts

Did you not see the communication put out by the board during the week? Maybe you did and don't understand English. It was pretty plain and clear where they stand rendering your weekly first line pointless. You already know the answer and it isn't going to be the one you very clearly want.
Surely though we can’t/won’t just carry on? What happens when we lose Tuesday night and then the following Saturday? Do we just carry on regardless?

CC

As far as I can remember I never went on to SM to criticise the local tesco manager cos they ran out of Heinz baked beans.
There would be complaints if the manager hadn't ordered any beans meaning there would be 2 month window without. Then stuck lentils in the beans aisle and told the customer 'ah that's near enough'

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
There would be complaints if the manager hadn't ordered any beans meaning there would be 2 month window without. Then stuck lentils in the beans aisle and told the customer 'ah that's near enough'
Realistically you (and everyone else) would go to Sainsbury's and the guy would be sacked. Only in football where us mugs keep turning up.

Cygnus

Gary seems a good guy, probably too nice, but he has clearly lost the players and if we lose on Tuesday against Shrewsbury he has to go. But will Taggy and the board do it? I have my doubts, as it’s starting to feel like it did under Tis, when it took a Trust motion to change his contract to finally lead to his time as Manager ending.

So to the club and Trust boards prove that things are different now and act before it’s too late.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
We keep saying if he loses the next game he has to go. Then he loses and nothing happens. It's so frustrating feeling so powerless and voiceless.
wE OwN OuR FoOTBaLl cLUB

Taggys recent comments indicative of what the board really thinks of the fanbase

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
That statement is absolute madness IMO

I have nothing against Gary Caldwell he seems a nice fella and he had a fine career and i’m sure he’s trying his hardest to turn stuff around & i hope he does turn it around and we finish in mid table starting with a positive result at Bolton on Saturday.

But basically that statement says we can lose 10-0 against Bolton and that’s fine it’s not a problem because of “our ethos”

It’s not unique like we keep hearing we are as a club to accept it just to make us different IMO.

“Recent results and the club’s subsequent league position were discussed” but no comment has been made on if they feel those results are acceptable or good enough when clearly they’re not.

And also the classic “budget” line has been rolled out again….it’s so 2003.

smokescreens everywhere.
well at least it wasn’t 10-0 😀

critcher45

We lost stansfield , brown, and nombe in the summer. They werent replaced because nombe went Last and no quality Strikers were available By then.

tavyred

It’s a terrible decision the board needs to make now, and I’m certainly not going to overly criticise a group of decent people if they’re reluctant or are being thoughtful about to doing the dirty on another decent human being.
That said, they’ve voluntarily put themselves in positions where it’s important they make correct and timely decisions. Peoples livelihoods rely on it.
That decision is this case is to relieve GC of his duties now and install in a timely manner his replacement ready for the transfer window in January.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s a terrible decision the board needs to make now, and I’m certainly not going to overly criticise a group of decent people if they’re reluctant or are being thoughtful about to doing the dirty on another decent human being.
That said, they’ve voluntarily put themselves in positions where it’s important they make correct and timely decisions. Peoples livelihoods rely on it.
That decision is this case is to relieve GC of his duties now and install in a timely manner his replacement ready for the transfer window in January.
Agreed. But they HAVE to make that call now. It's glaring.

Reactions: Ash

Grecian Max

It’s not doing the dirty ffs, they are all adults

Shit at your job, lose it