• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
You mean like if we had a striker that didn't score many goals in the conference and you thought he'd be better used as a winger... But then went on to score his way to the premiership?
Every dog has it's day but if that's where you want to go Edwin. 1 in 6+ says enough for me.........

Grecianpasty

As edwin says, that very thinking is quite revealing 😂

You're in it to chalk up points with your daughter on the internet points board

I'm in it to hopefully enjoy City play some decent stuff and discuss when that either happens or doesn't. I gave GC plenty of praise last year, even through that difficult run at the end. He can change my mind, I can accept that it was right to have patience if it plays out like that.

If I'm wrong, I will say so. Who cares? You're all faceless avatars to me haha. I see exeweb as pub chat, you don't need to take it that seriously.

I suspect we will struggle over the next few games bu unfortunately are stuck with GC for the window now. I hope the board have called this right, getting relegated will be self-inflicted IMO.
We will struggle for the rest of the season. There is no way that a player comes in and scores 10 goals from January in our current set up. Added to that, the only way GC leaves next season is if we are struggling in league two.

We won a game, great. The relief the players will have from that will be huge. The reality though, is that we could very easily lose heavily to Portsmouth on Friday, and the cracks will show again.

I must admit, I'm looking forward to the January transfer window under Caldwell. The sight of 3x signings on deadline day for 4 month contracts will be a revelation.

grecIAN Harris

We will struggle for the rest of the season. There is no way that a player comes in and scores 10 goals from January in our current set up. Added to that, the only way GC leaves next season is if we are struggling in league two.

We won a game, great. The relief the players will have from that will be huge. The reality though, is that we could very easily lose heavily to Portsmouth on Friday, and the cracks will show again.

I must admit, I'm looking forward to the January transfer window under Caldwell. The sight of 3x signings on deadline day for 4 month contracts will be a revelation.
The reality is, as has already been proven across the season, that any side could very easily lose heavily to Portsmouth.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
The reality is, as has already been proven across the season, that any side could very easily lose heavily to Portsmouth.
True, but if you get battered by a top side for the league, it hurts but it's within a context. Our context is months of struggling to score a goal or collect a point, with intermittent shellackings. A drubbing at the hands of Pompey would just be one more humiliation, but the effects on people's perspectives is cumulative. Luckily, we won a game, so that releases a little bit of pressure for a while.

Alistair20000

I note a few more votes to GC since yesterday

Grecianpasty

Based on what evidence? Last year we only lost to teams by a two goal margin at home, and one of those happened to be Ipswich. If we lose to any team at home by anything more than that and find it acceptable, then the bench mark really is low.

grecIAN Harris

Based on what evidence? Last year we only lost to teams by a two goal margin at home, and one of those happened to be Ipswich. If we lose to any team at home by anything more than that and find it acceptable, then the bench mark really is low.
I thought the general consensus is we are s4it, have a crap style of play with players who simply aren't good enough compared to last season's side that had 3 players who have/will (still waiting on Key) to earn us the thick end of a million quid each. It's a bit like comparing chalk and cheese. Or are we shifting the goalposts again to suit the argument???🤔

Grecian Max

There is nothing he could have done that would have pleased you.

Front of the group fist pumping- too self centred.

Not coming over to clap- doesn’t care.

Stays at the back of the group and claps- apathetic clapping.
How to read things completely the wrong way round 😂

I was talking about the fans, not GC

Also, the emojis were there for comedic effect and not to be taken seriously in case you were confused with that part also

Grecianpasty

I thought the general consensus is we are s4it, have a crap style of play with players who simply aren't good enough compared to last season's side that had 3 players who have/will (still waiting on Key) to earn us the thick end of a million quid each. It's a bit like comparing chalk and cheese. Or are we shifting the goalposts again to suit the argument???🤔
You're right, our team doesn't compare to last year's. That doesnt change the fact we shouldn't accept losing heavily to anyone in this league. Especially when you consider that Portsmouth lost 4-0 only a month ago. The standard of league one has dropped drastically since last year. Let's set our standards higher than accepting defeat to anyone at home.

Grecian Max

For one, there is no such thing as a general consensus on exeweb. Many people had enough at different points; one of the last being FBH so you can assume there are some different reasoning/factors at play.

The players, individually are decent. I don't have much issue with any of them although I too have lost patience with Scott recently. Hard-pressed to find bad players in that squad, even if we don't have star quality like last season's side.

The style of play has evolved and gotten worse than when we played Ipswich.

I'm confused as to what argument you're having and where goalposts are being shifted? We all know we need a forward, we need a lot more plus some workable tactics.