• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Brentford v Tranmere Matchday Thread

Brentford Fan

Looking at the run-ins, I still have a feeling Gillingham could sneak down.
I do hope you're right.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I get the feeling that you and me will never agree on this, Poult.
You are so right.

But that is just because you are a *****.

Go look at the games we have won, there are not many, check out the matchday threads, without exception they contain the phrases, "good to see us actually having a go", "at last Tis plays two up front", "for once we looked like we wanted it".

I am not sure anybody is advocating four up front and rush goalies, but to me it is so obvious that when we are positive and aggressive in both mindset and selection, we do better.

Then look at a few of the games we have got beat in or drawn and count up the references to one up front and defensive postures.

It's a man's game, lets play it like men.

StroudGrecian

Looking at the run-ins, I still have a feeling Gillingham could sneak down.
Gills have got it tough (Narrch away; Soton home; the rejuvenated Wycombe away) but O's fans are also sweating, with very little chance of points at Millwall this Saturday, home to (the rejuvenated) Wycombe the following weekend, then a trip to Colchester on the final satday.

Can't see either picking up many points, though the same was true of last Saturday.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
You are so right.

But that is just because you are a *****.

Go look at the games we have won, there are not many, check out the matchday threads, without exception they contain the phrases, "good to see us actually having a go", "at last Tis plays two up front", "for once we looked like we wanted it".

I am not sure anybody is advocating four up front and rush goalies, but to me it is so obvious that when we are positive and aggressive in both mindset and selection, we do better.

Then look at a few of the games we have got beat in or drawn and count up the references to one up front and defensive postures.

It's a man's game, lets play it like men.
Shabba said ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK, that's different from playing a 4-4-2 and trying to score IMO. I don't want to see some one up front negative bullsh*t, but I equally don't want to see 3 up front, wing backs and no defensive midfield. Middle ground would be nice please.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
All i am asking for is a bit more positivity and more than a couple of shots on goal. Also 2 from taylor/corr/logan up front. And no marcus stewart please

Poultice

Shabba said ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK
But Shabba's a girl, and as we all know, girls don't know anything about football.

To use a girly post in support of an argument simply serves to highlight the paucity of that argument.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
But Shabba's a girl, and as we all know, girls don't know anything about football.

To use a girly post in support of an argument simply serves to highlight the paucity of that argument.
Eh? What? EX4 disagreed with Shabba, you disagreed with EX4, I disagreed with you (it's sort of a natural reaction TBH). Ain't it you that is siding with Shabba?

StroudGrecian

I'd like to see more of the ***** please.

What we need now is carefully considered tactics, not the 'at 'em and up 'em' attitude that would almost certainly see us relegated.

Poultice

I'd like to see more of the ***** please.

What we need now is carefully considered tactics, not the 'at 'em and up 'em' attitude that would almost certainly see us relegated.
You should form a ***** club you lot, Shabba's got more balls than the lot of ya.

manc grecian

I dont want us to stick 11 up top all i ask is we play and start the game in an aggressive manner and play at a high tempo. When we do we are a very good side. Much better than our position suggests. Unfortunately we only do this once in a blue moon. If we start slowly its very difficult to up the tempo.