• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Brentford v Tranmere Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's all well and good saying one win could do it, but if Tranmere win Saturday then it means nothing. We've had too many draws and that has been our downfall. Now is the time to stop playing safe and ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!!!
Having seen you on Kellows tonight Shaz, with a pint in each hand at Topsham, there's no way I'd argue with you! You've got a lot to offer! X ;)

Antony Moxey

It's all well and good saying one win could do it, but if Tranmere win Saturday then it means nothing.
What means nothing? What if we win (or draw) - we'd still be above them.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
What means nothing? What if we win (or draw) - we'd still be above them.
Exactly - with one less game (and three less points) for those below us to play for...

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Too many ifs, buts and maybes for my liking. I reckon I left my rose tinted glasses at Tranmere!

It's all well and good saying one win could do it, but if Tranmere win Saturday then it means nothing. We've had too many draws and that has been our downfall. Now is the time to stop playing safe and ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!!!
What and give the opposition space to work in behind our defence? Now is the time to get as many points as possible. I don't care how we do it, as long as we are safe. Of course Tis will ultimately carry the can for how we play in these last three vital games, but I hope he just goes for the suitable approach, which gets the results. It doesn't have to be gung-ho or entertaining - just effective!

Poultice

Griffin Park is a fine place to visit for a football match,
I would just add a small caveat here, £1.50 for a very ordinary cup of Bovril.

I might start a Best Bovril thread, had a blinder at Aveley the other week, nice price, nice big cup of steaming hot flavour full Bov plus...........black pepper, fecking luvly.

Anyway, last nights game, two poor sides, Brentford won because they had a bit more invention up front and Tranmere hung in there because they are a team of monsters, how big was that 7 and Goodison is an animal.

First half was as dire as anything I have seen in a while, no pattern, no passing, not much effort, in fact a bit like our game up there but without the passing game.

Second half picked up and both keepers were tested, that scrabble winner Brentford have got from the Arse pulled off an absolute blinder to stop Tranny nicking a point at the death, so respect to the glove man.

I can see how Tranny would would have bossed our pack of weak ass pretty boys, but just as easily see why we hammered Brentford at SJP and coped with them easily up there.

Tranny boys seemed not too down afterwards, they have been fighting a loser since Barnes went so are used to the idea, had they not conceded buckets early on then they might be a point nearer salvation now, goal difference may still be what saves us. The Bees just seem happy to have survived so comfortably, most of them profess a wish for us to join them next season at the expense of the of the other two that came up, which is nice.

Poultice

What and give the opposition space to work in behind our defence? Now is the time to get as many points as possible. I don't care how we do it, as long as we are safe. Of course Tis will ultimately carry the can for how we play in these last three vital games, but I hope he just goes for the suitable approach, which gets the results. It doesn't have to be gung-ho or entertaining - just effective!
How does it feel for a woman to make you look like a ***** ?

Man up FFS.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster

Man up FFS.
I'd rather be a ***** and stay up, than be a man and f**k up ;)

Poultice

I'd rather be a ***** and stay up, than be a man and f**k up ;)
Which will always be why.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster

Man up FFS.
I get the feeling that you and me will never agree on this, Poult.

I think we should play to our strengths and free-flowing attacking football to provide chances for Fleetwood, Corr, Taylor, Stewart etc is not how we are going to win football matches. If it was, there would be some evidence of that in the last 43 matches. We haven't got the midfield for it and we certainly don't have the strikers who will score with a sniff of a chance. We do however have a pretty solid side which I would like to see Tis get the chance to strengthen in L1 next season.

Attack should only be considered as the best form of defence when you have a decent attack in the first place. Our best hope of sneaking a goal is for the strikers to hold the ball up and bring our top scorer into play, coming in from deep. Lot of responsibility on Harley, but Dunne won't be there to share the burden.

There's been enough glorious failure in the history of this club.

Brentford Fan

Come on you bees i promise to come and spend lots of money at Griffin Park next season if you beat the scousers!
A promise is a promise.