• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bradford City v Exeter City official matchday thread

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
We keep playing 'great stuff' and losing. We need the killer touch in front of goal

Red Devon

We keep playing 'great stuff' and losing. We need the killer touch in front of goal

We do, but we can’t solely blame the front men for our recent away results....when we get in front we are generally very difficult to break down but when we concede that first goal you don’t have to wait to long before we concede again...at 1:0 we seem to have great difficulty in digging in and keeping a foothold in the game.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
We do, but we can’t solely blame the front men for our recent away results....when we get in front we are generally very difficult to break down but when we concede that first goal you don’t have to wait to long before we concede again...at 1:0 we seem to have great difficulty in digging in and keeping a foothold in the game.
Totally agree. The defence keep putting pressure on the front men with their sloppy goals against. Need a return to the 1 nil scorelines at the start of the season.

Legohead

Banned
Anyone who was at Valley Parade.
What are your thoughts on the game ?
First of all. Bradford is an absolute doghole and I never want to go back. Secondly we started brightly, lots of intricate play on the wings but a persistent obsession with ignoring multiple opportunities to get balls into the Bradford area. Bownman wasn't able to get into the game as we seem obsessed with not delivering the service for him.

After 20, they came into it and scored from a long cross which Maxted couldn't reach and the ball was bundled in at the back post. Don't know if it was an og or not as not looked yet and couldn't see clearly.

It did look like their lad was jumping all over Sweeney I think it may have been.

We were never in it after. They got a second which looked a bit shambolic on our part. Then Jake gets sent off. Don't know the rules with this. Clearly it was very late and the wet pitch played a part but didn't see studs up or anything. It looked bad but are the rules it's a red if deemed late or if studs showing? Don't think studs were showing but I'll have to look back on it again.

We had a decebt spell before the red card but to be honest we created little.

We need to hope we continue to win games at home until we can sort out this away form. We've been really poor now for the last 3 or so away games.

Scunthorpe were not great and Bradford were not great but we aren't creating and can't defend properly at the moment away.

Cracking away support today again. Freezing cold, wet and grey. Some really great Bantams fans too and a grand old stadium with so much history. Some of it tragic as we know but as for the town. Its a depressing place.

Next time I'm there I'm straight in and straight out. Hopefully with 3 points.

Another poor day at the office where familiar problems appeared.

Oldsmobile-88

First of all. Bradford is an absolute doghole and I never want to go back. Secondly we started brightly, lots of intricate play on the wings but a persistent obsession with ignoring multiple opportunities to get balls into the Bradford area. Bownman wasn't able to get into the game as we seem obsessed with not delivering the service for him.

After 20, they came into it and scored from a long cross which Maxted couldn't reach and the ball was bundled in at the back post. Don't know if it was an og or not as not looked yet and couldn't see clearly.

It did look like their lad was jumping all over Sweeney I think it may have been.

We were never in it after. They got a second which looked a bit shambolic on our part. Then Jake gets sent off. Don't know the rules with this. Clearly it was very late and the wet pitch played a part but didn't see studs up or anything. It looked bad but are the rules it's a red if deemed late or if studs showing? Don't think studs were showing but I'll have to look back on it again.

We had a decebt spell before the red card but to be honest we created little.

We need to hope we continue to win games at home until we can sort out this away form. We've been really poor now for the last 3 or so away games.

Scunthorpe were not great and Bradford were not great but we aren't creating and can't defend properly at the moment away.

Cracking away support today again. Freezing cold, wet and grey. Some really great Bantams fans too and a grand old stadium with so much history. Some of it tragic as we know but as for the town. Its a depressing place.

Next time I'm there I'm straight in and straight out. Hopefully with 3 points.

Another poor day at the office where familiar problems appeared.
Thanks.Always like to hear from someone actually at the game.
Watching on ifollow or listening to the radio you never get a real feel for what happened at a game.

I had a day off from watching today due to a holiday in sunny climes...😎😎

Legohead

Banned
Well i think Bradford on a cold, drizzly, foggy and miserable afternoon can't compare with your sunnier climes Olds. I did manage to visit the National Museum of Science and Media whilst in Bradford so not a total dead loss the day. The highlight of my day being playing Manic Miner on the Speccy 48k with rubber keys that they have set up in the games history section. Took me back did that.

Slightly makes up for us losing and having Parkes and Taylor out suspended in the next few weeks.

Oldsmobile-88

^^^^
If they have the original Space Invaders there,I will be visiting soon..:D

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Thanks.Always like to hear from someone actually at the game.
Watching on ifollow or listening to the radio you never get a real feel for what happened at a game.

I had a day off from watching today due to a holiday in sunny climes...😎😎
It wasn't as bad as Cambridge. They had a very good defence, we had no way through. We played some great football at times but that is meaningless if you don't score goals.

Legohead

Banned
I thought the first 20 we were looking really good. Some great movement, intricate interpassing and dominating the ball but without creating anything or delivering the ball into dangerous areas when we had the chance. Always opting generally to cut the ball back once we had got into a decent crossing position which was frustrating.

We did manage to some crosses in but their defence was quite tall so i'm unsure whether or not this was a deliberate ploy by us to try and work around their defence.

I use the analogy of that scene from Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark where that Egyptian baddie in the souk marketplace stands in front of Harrison Ford bamboozling him with those frenetic sword moves. Then Harrison whips out his gun, shoots him dead then gets on with the rest of his business. That's what we were like the first 20. Like the baddie. Like we were toying with Bradford and showing off and they go up the field once they'd decided they'd seen enough and boom. We are a goal down. All that fancy stuff for nowt.

Like i said in my earlier post, we did have some decent possession and half chances for a spell in the second half but by and large we were really poor from an attacking perspective. We pass the ball well and have lots of the ball but don't really do anything with it. A complete contrast to last weekend where we did try and deliver balls into the area and did break at pace and created problems and chances.

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
^^^^
If they have the original Space Invaders there,I will be visiting soon..:D
They did indeed. 10p a go. :D

They also had Galaxian, Pac Man, Frogger, Street Fighter and i also saw a Commodore VIC20 which i haven't seen since i was a kid in the late 80's.