• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bids in for Croll

Boyo

Tisdale didn't rate him in the end and neither does Taylor.

How you can say he is a cut above most league 2 defenders is baffling.

He isn't even a cut above most of our defenders ! He's at the bottom of the pile.
The fact we have been offered money for him suggests he’s a cut above the rest. Doesn’t it?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The fact we have been offered money for him suggests he’s a cut above the rest. Doesn’t it?
Not really.

To me it suggests somebody is making a mistake, hopefully we can cash in on it.

Do you live in a bubble ? People and businesses are wasting money on purchases every day of the week, why do you think football is any different ?

Last edited:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Croll's too injury prone, and I'm not entirely convinced on his ability - was awful at Yeovil.

Once Aaron Martin is back in favour he'll prove an excellent partner for Deano, with O'Shea able to fill in if required. Sweeney and Hartridge can also play centre-back if we were desperately short, and hopefully Troy Brown will be back in the picture by Easter.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Croll is perfectly adequate as a back-up centre half. We're not bloody Real Madrid and we can't afford a top class Div 2 centre half sitting on the bench. We already have Martin waiting to get back in.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a local sports journalist normally comes on here pretty sharpish after a story first breaks
And the Exeweb prize on offer for unmasking ITK will be of course Infraction Points or Bannage ! :(

Temporarily Exiled

I think Croll is solid enough as flexible backup (he's good cover at RB too), but my issue is with his injury record. I hope Matt Taylor is a little more ruthless in this regard than Tis was, because even if a player is good, that's of no use if they miss a lot of each season through injury.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Croll is solid enough as flexible backup (he's good cover at RB too)
I presume this is an error ?

Boyo

Not really.

To me it suggests somebody is making a mistake, hopefully we can cash in on it.

Do you live in a bubble ? People and businesses are wasting money on purchases every day of the week, why do you think football is any different ?
I’ve heard there are multiple clubs interested. I’ll take the opinion of scouts, coaches and managers at other Clubs over yours.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ve heard there are multiple clubs interested. I’ll take the opinion of scouts, coaches and managers at other Clubs over yours.
Congratulations, I'm delighted for you.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Happy 24th birthday to Luke.